Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generate a XML file from a text file Post 302359739 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 7th of October 2009 09:22:18 AM
Old 10-07-2009
Have a look at XI (XML Import)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help To convert xml file to text file using bourn shell scripts

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> <country_code>AK></country_code>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate new string from a text file

Hi, I have a file and the content looks like this: line1 line2 File #5 : found '/u01/testing.txt' line5 line6 line7 File #12 : found '/u01/testabc.txt' line10 line11 I want to write a bash script to give me the output: The file 5 is '/u01/testing.txt' The file 12 is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterwaston
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to generate text file from excel file

Hello, I have a excel file which has almost ten columns on the shared drive. I have to write a shell script to ftp that daily to unix server and then extract some columns from there and generate oracle standard text file. The columns should be in proper order and aligned properly, otherwise... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isingh786
1 Replies

4. Programming

Generate XML file from C++

Hi, I need to generate an XML file as output for a C++ program. Immediate idea that came across to me was through fprintf by mentioning all the attribute names/fields in the XML file one by one and inserting the values there which I get from C++ program. Is there any other better way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - help needed for creating a script to generate xml file from text file

Dear Members, I have a table in Oracle DB and one of its column name is INFO which has data in text format which we need to fetch in a script and create an xml file of a new table from the input. The contents of a single cell of INFO column is like: Area:app - aam Clean Up Criteria:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter a .kml file (xml) with data set from text file

I have a .kml file. So I want filter the .kml to get only the tags that have this numeric codes that they are in a text file 11951 11952 74014 11964 11965 11969 11970 11971 11972 60149 74018 74023 86378 11976 11980 11983 11984 11987 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcoj33
5 Replies

7. Programming

How to write a java program that will parse through an XML file and generate a report?

I'm pretty new to Java and I am trying to write a program that will pick up a file from a windows directory adn parse through the XML file to produce a report that will show a total item count and a total paid amount. Any one have any suggestions? Trying to figure out where to start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: risarose87
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate .csv file a text file

Hi guys, I have a text file that states: cat prod.hosts 11.29.130.14 host1 host1.test.com web17 11.29.130.15 host2 host2.test.com web18 11.29.130.16 host3 host3.test.com web19 I want a .csv file that states: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise?

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
4 Replies

10. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
GIT-MERGETOOL(1)						    Git Manual							  GIT-MERGETOOL(1)

NAME
git-mergetool - Run merge conflict resolution tools to resolve merge conflicts SYNOPSIS
git mergetool [--tool=<tool>] [-y | --[no-]prompt] [<file>...] DESCRIPTION
Use git mergetool to run one of several merge utilities to resolve merge conflicts. It is typically run after git merge. If one or more <file> parameters are given, the merge tool program will be run to resolve differences on each file (skipping those without conflicts). Specifying a directory will include all unresolved files in that path. If no <file> names are specified, git mergetool will run the merge tool program on every file with merge conflicts. OPTIONS
-t <tool>, --tool=<tool> Use the merge resolution program specified by <tool>. Valid values include emerge, gvimdiff, kdiff3, meld, vimdiff, and tortoisemerge. Run git mergetool --tool-help for the list of valid <tool> settings. If a merge resolution program is not specified, git mergetool will use the configuration variable merge.tool. If the configuration variable merge.tool is not set, git mergetool will pick a suitable default. You can explicitly provide a full path to the tool by setting the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to kdiff3 by setting mergetool.kdiff3.path. Otherwise, git mergetool assumes the tool is available in PATH. Instead of running one of the known merge tool programs, git mergetool can be customized to run an alternative program by specifying the command line to invoke in a configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.cmd. When git mergetool is invoked with this tool (either through the -t or --tool option or the merge.tool configuration variable) the configured command line will be invoked with $BASE set to the name of a temporary file containing the common base for the merge, if available; $LOCAL set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file on the current branch; $REMOTE set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file to be merged, and $MERGED set to the name of the file to which the merge tool should write the result of the merge resolution. If the custom merge tool correctly indicates the success of a merge resolution with its exit code, then the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.trustExitCode can be set to true. Otherwise, git mergetool will prompt the user to indicate the success of the resolution after the custom tool has exited. --tool-help Print a list of merge tools that may be used with --tool. -y, --no-prompt Don't prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program. --prompt Prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program. This is the default behaviour; the option is provided to override any configuration settings. TEMPORARY FILES
git mergetool creates *.orig backup files while resolving merges. These are safe to remove once a file has been merged and its git mergetool session has completed. Setting the mergetool.keepBackup configuration variable to false causes git mergetool to automatically remove the backup as files are successfully merged. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-MERGETOOL(1)