Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extracting columns
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting columns Post 302359717 by proactiveaditya on Wednesday 7th of October 2009 08:34:26 AM
Old 10-07-2009
did not really work

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply,was a bit busy with certain things...

No the commands didn't give me the expected results. I am using centos 5.3. I am using putty to login to the remote server.
Still i am not getting the first two columns in exactly the same format as given by the command: yum -e0 -d0 check-update

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting columns from different files for later merging

Hello! I wan't to extract columns from two files and later combine them for plotting with gnuplot. If the files file1 and file2 look like: fiile1: a, 0.62,x b, 0.61,x file2: a, 0.43,x b, 0,49,x The desired output is a 0.62 0.62 b 0.61 0.49 Thank you in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingkong
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in extracting columns

Hi , I have a file having around 8 columns spereated by space . Now that I need to extract columns from this. The problem is this functionality is needed in a script and the required columns are dynamic and can range from 2 columns to 8 columns at a time . What I tried without luck is ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenbvarrier
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting multiple consecutive columns using awk

Hello, I have a matrix 200*10,000 and I need to extract the columns between 40 and 77. I dont want to write in awk all the columns. eg: awk '{print $40, $41, $42,$43 ... $77}'. I think should exist a better way to do this. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: auratus42
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting columns with awk

Friends, I have a file with fileds in the following order sda 4.80 114.12 128.69 978424 1103384 sdb 0.03 0.40 0.00 3431 0 sda 1.00 0.00 88.00 0 176 sdb ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting only a few columns!!!?

Hi All, I have a text file which looks like below. ################################################ Name:xxxxxxx Version:1.0 Class: 2 City : Bangalore Component Part Action Nb New Part Naming Part Name 12345 default 12345.12345 Bad 23456 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting columns from 2 files

Hello, I have 2 files file1 & file2 = a1 b1 a2 b2 a3 b3 ... = c1 d1 c2 d2 c3 d3 ... I need to compare if b(i)=c(j) . i,j=1,2,3,4,... If yes, right a(i) d(j) in output file3 per line (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newpromo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using columns from 2 files and extracting string

Hi All, I have 2 files with a common column. File 1 looks like NAME START POS1 POS2 N1 1234 1236 1237 N2 1245 1248 1250 .. .. File 2 looks like NAME STRING N1 ABCDEFGH N2 EFGHBCD N3 PQRSSTUV .. ...... ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpesh
25 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Extracting only unique data between two columns

:wall:Hi there, I am trying to extract/filter a unique data between specific columns from a tab deliminated file, that has a number of columns: input file as follow: 5 rs1 70 A C 7 1 1 Blue 5 rs9 66 A E ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: houkto
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting wanted columns

Suppose file1 1 3 8 9 file2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 I want to print columns listed in file 1 from file2. so the output will look like 1 3 8 9 1 1 0 1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting multiple columns with awk

Hi everyone!! I need to apply a simple command to extract columns from a matrix, but I need to extract contemporary from the first to the tenth columns, than from the eleventh to the twentyth and so on... how can i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
1 Replies
yum(8)																	    yum(8)

NAME
yum - Yellowdog Updater Modified shell SYNOPSIS
yum shell [filename] DESCRIPTION
yum includes an interactive shell for conducting multiple commands or sets of commands during a single execution of yum. These commands can be issued manually or passed to yum from a file. The commands are much the same as the normal yum command line options. See here yum(8) for that information. There are a few additional commands documented below. config [argument] [value] args: debuglevel, errorlevel, obsoletes, gpgcheck, assumeyes, exclude If no value is given it prints the current value. If value is given it sets that value. repo [argument] [option] list: lists repositories and their status enable: enable repositories. option = repository id disable: disable repositories. option = repository id transaction [argument] list: lists the contents of the transaction reset: reset (zero-out) the transaction solve: run the dependency solver on the transaction run: run the transaction Examples The following are examples of using the yum shell. list available packagename* groupinfo 'Some Group' install foo remove bar update baz run That will list available packages matching the glob 'packagename*'. It will return information on the group 'Some Group' It will then queue the following commands into the transaction: install foo, remove bar, update baz. Then the 'run' command will resolve dependencies for the transaction commands and run the transaction. SEE ALSO
yum (8) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, they should be sent to the mailing list: yum@lists.baseurl.org or filed in bugzilla. Seth Vidal yum(8)