Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Path to pg_config?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Path to pg_config? Post 302359661 by figaro on Wednesday 7th of October 2009 06:25:16 AM
Old 10-07-2009
Thanks for your responses. I run FreeBSD and pg_config is not in the ports list. What would be a good way to install it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi - replacing a relative path with absolute path in a file

Hi, I have a file with about 60 lines of path: app-defaults/boxXYZ....... I want to change this to /my/path/goes/here/app-defaults/boxXYZ, but of course vi doesn't like the regualr :s/old/new/ command. Is there any other quick way to do this? Thanks ;) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Commands From Non-Standard Path (Changing user's PATH secretely???)

Hi: I have a requirement as below: I have some standard Unix commands modified and kept them in a directory say /usr/clsh/bin. For example I have a script named "ls" kept here which is modified version of "ls" (say it always gives long listing i.e. ls -l). When any user logs on and types... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh_samane
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

absolute path for a script ran with relative path

I have a script in which i want to print absolute path of the same script irrespective of path from where i run script. I am using test.sh: echo "pwd : `pwd`" echo "script name: $0" echo "dirname: `dirname $0`" when i run script from /my/test/dir/struct as ../test.sh the output i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rss67
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from parent path to multiple child path using bash in efficient way

Hi All, Can you please provide some pointers to move files from Base path to multiple paths in efficient way.Folder Structure is already created. /Path/AdminUser/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt to /Path/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt /Path/AdminUser/User1/2222/Reports/bbb.txt to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikgv417
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match a path anywhere in the line and replace it with new path

I want to pattern match only path part from below and replace them with new path string. LoadModule jk_module /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/modules/mod_jk.so JkWorkersFile /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/config/OHS/ohs1/workers.properties JkLogFile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate class path dynamically based on source path

Hi experts, I have multiple file names ending with .jsp located in $SOME_DIR, $SOME_DIR/f1/,$SOME_DIR/f2/test,$SOME_DIR/f3/fa and there are equivalent class files in $SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages,$SOME_DIR/WEB-INF/classes/_pages/_f1,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile missing include path Although the path exists and defined

i have make file which i try to make them generic but it keeps to compline it missing include directory this is the makefile : CXX=g++ CPPFAGS= -Wall -O0 -g -std=c++14 INCLUDES = -I/home/vagrant/libuv/include -Isrc LIBS_DIRS = -L/home/vagrant/libuv/build LDFLAGS=... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
PERLFREEBSD(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    PERLFREEBSD(1)

NAME
README.freebsd - Perl version 5 on FreeBSD systems DESCRIPTION
This document describes various features of FreeBSD that will affect how Perl version 5 (hereafter just Perl) is compiled and/or runs. FreeBSD core dumps from readdir_r with ithreads When perl is configured to use ithreads, it will use re-entrant library calls in preference to non-re-entrant versions. There is a bug in FreeBSD's "readdir_r" function in versions 4.5 and earlier that can cause a SEGV when reading large directories. A patch for FreeBSD libc is available (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/30631 ) which has been integrated into FreeBSD 4.6. $^X doesn't always contain a full path in FreeBSD perl 5.8.0 sets $^X where possible to a full path by asking the operating system. On FreeBSD the full path of the perl interpreter is found by reading the symlink /proc/curproc/file. There is a bug on FreeBSD, where the result of reading this symlink is can be wrong in certain circumstances (see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=35703 ). In these cases perl will fall back to the old behaviour of using C's argv[0] value for $^X. Perl will no longer be part of "base FreeBSD" Not as bad as it sounds--what this means is that Perl will no longer be part of the kernel build system of FreeBSD. Perl will still very probably be part of the "default install", and in any case the latest version will be in the ports system. The first FreeBSD version this change will affect is 5.0, all 4.n versions will keep the status quo. AUTHOR
Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>, collating wisdom supplied by Slaven Rezic and Tim Bunce. Please report any errors, updates, or suggestions to perlbug@perl.org. perl v5.8.9 2007-11-17 PERLFREEBSD(1)