Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to remove absolute paths from zip archive Post 302359541 by mirfan on Wednesday 7th of October 2009 12:12:47 AM
Old 10-07-2009
hello,

Thanks for your reply. The first command you mentioned works for me. e.g.

ssh source-ip "cd /home/dir1/html; zip /home/backup.zip dir2/test.php dir3/dir4/test2.php domains/dir5/test3.php"

this creates zip file when i run from command line as i mentioned multiple file to archive. Now only problem i am facing when i run the same command from script it only creates zip with first file i.e. dir2/test.php , & for the second file i got following error.

bash: line 1: dir3/dir4/test3.php: Permission denied

Can you please help me out what causing this error. FYI, both file permissions is set to root.
Looking to hear from you.

---------- Post updated at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:02 PM ----------

Well, i comeup with the result that in bash script i store path in variable. i.e.

cat path.txt

dir2/test.php dir3/dir4/test2.php domains/dir5/test3.php

# bin/bash

TESTPATH=`cat path.txt`
ssh source-ip "cd /home/dir1/html; zip /home/backup.zip $TESTPATH"

it gives me permission denied error. and when i don't use TESTPATH and uses following command in script. it runs without any problem.

# bin/bash

ssh source-ip "cd /home/dir1/html; zip /home/backup.zip dir2/test.php dir3/dir4/test2.php domains/dir5/test3.php"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

expanding dotted paths to absolute ones in bash or sh

I have a little script to help me manage a gallery of image files. It makes symbolic links to every file in and below the current directory, placing them in a target directory which is passed to the script as a parameter. Unfortunately, the script pukes when I pass a parameter that contains... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TanRanger
4 Replies

2. AIX

Updating a File in a Zip Archive

Hello everyone, I have a script that pulls a text file out of a zip archive and updates the file. What I need to do is put it back in the zip archive and replace the old one, but I am having no luck. Everything I search on forums or internet points to the command zip, that command is not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbridle
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .zip file and list the files included in the .zip archive

Hello, I am trying to return the name of the resulting file from a .zip archive file using unix unzip command. unzip c07212007.cef7081.zip Archive: c07212007.cef7081.zip SecureZIP for z/OS by PKWARE inflating: CEP/CEM7080/PPVBILL/PASS/G0063V00 I used the following command to unzip in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledev
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read specific file from a zip archive without extracting

Hi All, I would like to extract specific file from a zip archive. I have a zip archive "sample.zip". sample.zip contains few text files and images... text1.txt, text2.txt, pic.jpg etc... I need to read specific file "text2.txt" from "sample.zip" WITHOUT EXTRACTING the zip file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridharg
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove ^M characters from a zip file?

Hi All, As all of us know that while moving a file from Windows to Unix some unwanted ^M characters appear in the file. For my case I have release package in zip format which looks like Module_Name_Tag.zip. It contains some directory structure...like Module_Name_Tag.zip | |--trunk/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Absolute and Relative Paths?

Can someone cofirm that I have got the paths correct here? :confused: $PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='/tmp'; #$PATH_TO_TMP_DIR='home/tmp'; $PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = '/temp_images'; #$PATH_TO_YOUR_IMG_DIR = 'home/public_html/Midwich/temp_images'; Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stubie
1 Replies

7. Solaris

exclude absolute paths when extracting Tar file?

Hi, How do I extract data from TAR excluding absolute paths for Tar? (Solaris) Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip a list of specific files to an archive

Hi all, i've got the following problem: We've got a shell-script, that creates some different files based on several criteria given, using a sql-script. After creating, those files are individually zipped and stored, then sent to a ftp-server. This is all working since 2010, but now they have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Biggreuda
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove leading dot and slash on relative paths with find

When I specify a directory by name the leading ./ is not shown: $ find somedir/ somedir/a.bin somedir/target/out.binBut when I specify current dir it adds the ./ to the beginning of each result: $ find . | grep somedir ./somedir/a.bin ./somedir/target/out.binIs there any particular reason why... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show only the filenames under a directory without relative and absolute paths.

I am able to list all the filenames under a directory & its sub-directories except blent.tar on Linux find "/tmp/" -type f | grep -v blent.tar | rev | cut -d '/' -f1 | rev Desired Output: THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.txt javaws libjavaplugin_oji.so libjavaplugin_oji.so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
php-config(1)							Scripting Language						     php-config(1)

NAME
php-config - get information about PHP configuration and compile options SYNOPSIS
php-config [options] DESCRIPTION
php-config is a simple shell script for obtaining information about installed PHP configuration. OPTIONS
--prefix Directory prefix where PHP is installed, e.g. /usr/local --includes List of -I options with all include files --ldflags LD Flags which PHP was compiled with --libs Extra libraries which PHP was compiled with --man-dir The directory prefix where the manpages is installed --extension-dir Directory where extensions are searched by default --include-dir Directory prefix where header files are installed by default --php-binary Full path to php CLI or CGI binary --php-sapis Show all SAPI modules installed on the Debian system --configure-options Configure options to recreate configuration of current PHP installation --version PHP version --vernum PHP version as integer SEE ALSO php(1) VERSION INFORMATION
This manpage describes php, version 5.4.4-14+deb7u14. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2010 The PHP Group This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license, that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is available through the world-wide-web at the following url: http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately. The PHP Group 2010 php-config(1)