Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem running ssh from remote server Post 302359495 by TonyFullerMalv on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 06:17:05 PM
Old 10-06-2009
I haven't got multiple machines to test on but I have come across this before and think you might have to invoke one or both of the SSHes with the -t option to force the creation of the tty device?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running ssh on a remote system?

I need to install ypbind and yp-tools on over two-hundred remote client machines based on their redhat version. I have a centralized server on which I created an ssh public key. I then transfered the ssh public key to the authorized_keys file on all the remote hosts; therefore, I can login without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running a script on remote server.

I need to run a script on a remote server from my ksh script. The issue I'm having is that I need to logon to the remote server as a different user. (see the following) logged on to server 1 as adsmgr neet to log on to server 2 as odemgr run passwd_util.ksh Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whited05
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a function on a remote server via SSH in a script

I'm working on a script (mostly for practice) to simplify a task I have to do every now and then. I have a cluster with 6 servers on it, each server has a directory with a set of files called *.pid and *.mpid. Each file contains the pid of a process that may or may not be running on that server.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - running remote command not exiting

Hi, i have a shellscript, where in i need to connect to different server start these three jobs and exit from the server and start the same three jobs on local server. ssh user@remotehost 'bash -s' << EOF ${GETT_HOME}/bin/start1 & sleep 10 ${GETT_HOME}/bin/start2 & sleep 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapnabhargav
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script on remote server

Hi All, I need to run a ksh script on around 200 servers(consisting of AIX,LInux,HP-UX,Solaris). The script is there in the /tmp directory of all the servers. I want want to execute the script in background on the respective servers and then exit from there. I have written something like below:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi server access through remote server using ssh

Team, Presently I have 5 ip address kept in ip_abc1 file, for each of the ip address listed, i need to login on each ipaddress one at a time and login as below for that specific ip address ssh -p 8101 karaf@<ip.address_for the specific ip address as logged in> password features:list... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Commands on a Remote Linux Server over SSH

Hello, I'm trying to create a ksh script to ssh to a remote server, enter the password and a couple commands. For security reasons I have changed the login, password and ip in my example. #!/bin/ksh ssh -t -t username@12.5.5.3 << EOF password cd bin pwd EOF When I run it. It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh - running commands on remote server

Hi, I am trying to run commands on a list of servers that I can ssh to and just want to know if there is a 'cleaner' way of doing this. At the moment, I am doing as below. Is there a way that I can escape the double quote differently? If a use a single quote to enclose the commands that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
tapset::tty(3stap)														tapset::tty(3stap)

NAME
tapset::tty - systemtap tty tapset DESCRIPTION
tty.open Called when a tty is opened See probe::tty.open(3stap) for details. tty.release Called when the tty is closed See probe::tty.release(3stap) for details. tty.resize Called when a terminal resize happens See probe::tty.resize(3stap) for details. tty.ioctl called when a ioctl is request to the tty See probe::tty.ioctl(3stap) for details. tty.init Called when a tty is being initalized See probe::tty.init(3stap) for details. tty.register Called when a tty device is registred See probe::tty.register(3stap) for details. tty.unregister Called when a tty device is being unregistered See probe::tty.unregister(3stap) for details. tty.poll Called when a tty device is being polled See probe::tty.poll(3stap) for details. tty.receive called when a tty receives a message See probe::tty.receive(3stap) for details. tty.write write to the tty line See probe::tty.write(3stap) for details. tty.read called when a tty line will be read See probe::tty.read(3stap) for details. SEE ALSO
probe::tty.open(3stap), probe::tty.release(3stap), probe::tty.resize(3stap), probe::tty.ioctl(3stap), probe::tty.init(3stap), probe::tty.register(3stap), probe::tty.unregister(3stap), probe::tty.poll(3stap), probe::tty.receive(3stap), probe::tty.write(3stap), probe::tty.read(3stap), stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
--- tapset::tty(3stap)