Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Symbolic Links
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Symbolic Links Post 302359417 by ilikecows on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 01:22:51 PM
Old 10-06-2009
A symlink is deleted like any other file regardless of what it points to. All you should have to do is:
Code:
# rm filename

If foldername is a symlink, changing ownership of it isn't going to do anything. You need to change ownership of the file or directory the symbolic link points to.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding symbolic links

How can I find all symbolic links across the network to a directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehtad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic Links for a File

how do i get the list of symbolic link names for a particular file programatically (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_u_n_1234
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Too many levels of symbolic links

Hi, Is there a limit to the number of symbolic links you can have? I tried to vi the symbolic link relating to a file and got the following error: "filename" Too many levels of symbolic links There is only one symbolic link to one file in this case, but there are >2000 other links to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

4. Solaris

cp a dty without symbolic links?

Hi, - we have copy (cp command) to do to save all the contents of a dty BUT we dont want to copy the files corresponding to symbolic links contained whithin this dty - the box is a sun solaris one - and the cp commande do not say avything about that? thanks for help Jakez (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JAKEZ
7 Replies

5. AIX

Symbolic Links

I am linking a directory as follows: ln -sf /home/xxx/userid/real_files/* /home/xxx/userid/linked_files This gives me symbolic links for all the files in the real_files directory in the linked_files directory. My question is, if I go and remove a file in the real_files directory and then go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcarnesiii
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic links between directories

Hi all, lets consider 2 directories test1 and test2. I want to link test2 to point to test1, how do u do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
4 Replies

7. Solaris

symbolic links between servers

Hi Guys... I want to create a link using ln -s for a directory that does not exist on the box. How do I do that? I had some files from Box A directory /d1/u01 and I copied the files across to another Box lets say Box B on directory /d2/u02. Now I want a link so that this path /d1/u01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissioning for symbolic links

I've just started using UNIX in a Linux vmplayer. I'm trying to run the command: ln -s `pwd`/$1 `python -c "from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print get_python_lib()"`/$1 in a script from an online tutorial, but I keep getting an error message: ln: creating symbolic link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChipT
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic links in UNIX

Hi, I have a file with more than 1 layers of soft links for it. For ex. ls -la .profile .profile@ -> /home/act/.profile_abc ls -la /home/act/.profile_abc@ -> .profile_final I want to get the name of the last file (i.e. .profile_final) when I refer to .profile using shell script. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Symbolic links

Soft link,Hard link brief explanation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAJU KAVATI
1 Replies
Math::Symbolic::Parser::Precompiled(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Math::Symbolic::Parser::Precompiled(3pm)

NAME
Math::Symbolic::Parser::Precompiled - Precompiled Math::Symbolic Parser DESCRIPTION
This module is a precompiled version of the Parse::RecDescent grammar that can be found in $Math::Symbolic::Parser::Grammar. It is used internally to improve startup performance. Please use the new() method in the Math::Symbolic::Parser namespace to generate new parsers. Also note that some modules on CPAN (like Math::SymbolicX::Complex, etc.) modify the parser which is stored in $Math::Symbolic::Parser at the time of loading the module. AUTHOR
Please send feedback, bug reports, and support requests to the Math::Symbolic support mailing list: math-symbolic-support at lists dot sourceforge dot net. Please consider letting us know how you use Math::Symbolic. Thank you. If you're interested in helping with the development or extending the module's functionality, please contact the developers' mailing list: math-symbolic-develop at lists dot sourceforge dot net. List of contributors: Steffen Mueller, symbolic-module at steffen-mueller dot net Stray Toaster, mwk at users dot sourceforge dot net Oliver Ebenhoeh SEE ALSO
New versions of this module can be found on http://steffen-mueller.net or CPAN. The module development takes place on Sourceforge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/math-symbolic/ Math::Symbolic Math::Symbolic::Parser perl v5.10.1 2011-01-01 Math::Symbolic::Parser::Precompiled(3pm)