Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Space in file how to remove
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Space in file how to remove Post 302359398 by vasanth.vadalur on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 12:42:40 PM
Old 10-06-2009
u can use sed..

just

echo "$infilename" | sed 's/ //g'

thanks
vasanth

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Unable to remove file using rm: Disk space is full

Hi all, My disk space is 100% full. df -k <dir> -> 100% One of my debug files consume huge amount of space and i want to remove the same to start off fresh debugs. However i'm unable to remove the file giving out the following error message: rm -f debug.out22621 rm: cannot remove... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to remove space in a txt file

I want to fetch text after the first occurance of the word "started at" i.e. consider a text written below... echo 'hi how r u ' Started at MON Jan 11 00:03:24 EST 2009 echo 'hi how is ur job goin on' Started at Sun Jan 11 00:03:24 EST 2004 Started at TUE Jan 11 00:03:24 EST 2005 Started... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: manit
19 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove space from file content

i am a bit new to shell scripting i have a file containing xxxx xx xx but i want to output the content as xxxxxxxx. thus removing the space. any idea how i can do this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackzinga
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove space in whole file -perl

Hi all, I have a file which have say about 123,000 records, the records in it look like: 1294160401681,05-01-2011 00:00:01,68,Cjw,2,3333,7,1100,900,SUCCESS,200,68,localhost, 1294160406515,05-01-2011 00:00:06,68,Cjw,2,0207,7,1100,900,SUCCESS,200,68,localhost, 1294160410097,05-01-2011... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danihamdani
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove tab space and new line from a file using sed?

i am using the default sed package that comes with solaris. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove space from each record in file?

Hi , I want to remove space from each record in one file My file is like BUD, BDL ABC, DDD, ABC ABC, DDD, DDD, KKK The o/p should be BUD,BDL ABC,DDD,ABC ABC,DDD,DDD,KKK Can any one help me regarding this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdishrout
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Howto remove extra space in the file

Hi Gurus, I have a file which contains some special char or space. when using cat -evt I can see the file as following: 0,"0000","abc/def aaa ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove space and delimit a csv file?

Hi All , I am facing a small challenge i need unix command to remove space as well as replace "|" to "," in a csv file . original file : A | B | c | D E | F | G | H I | J | K | L P | M | N | O Expected o/p: A,B,c,D E,F,G,H I,J,K,L P,M,N,O (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sweety532
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove trailing space from file and folder names

I have a folder that contains many sub folders and files. This tree has to be backed up to an archive system. According to the tech support, one of the archives is failing to back up due to the possibility of trailing spaces on file and folder names. Therefore, I would like to have a script... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipertech
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove space before numbers in delimited file

Hi, I have a file which looks like this FORD|1333-1| 10000100010203| 100040507697|0002|356.45|5555| SSSSY|KKKKM|1000005|10| N096|10043| C987 I need the output to look like this FORD|1333-1|10000100010203|100040507697|0002|356.45|5555| SSSSY|KKKKM|1000005|10| N096|10043| C987 The leading... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
8 Replies
restorecon(8)															     restorecon(8)

NAME
restorecon - restore file(s) default SELinux security contexts. SYNOPSIS
restorecon [-R] [-n] [-p] [-v] [-e directory] pathname... restorecon -f infilename [-e directory] [-R] [-n] [-p] [-v] [-F] DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the restorecon program. This program is primarily used to set the security context (extended attributes) on one or more files. It can also be run at any other time to correct inconsistent labels, to add support for newly-installed policy or, by using the -n option, to passively check whether the file contexts are all set as specified by the active policy (default behavior). If a file object does not have a context, restorecon will write the default context to the file object's extended attributes. If a file object has a context, restorecon will only modify the type portion of the security context. The -F option will force a replacement of the entire context. It is the same executable as setfiles but operates in a slightly different manner depending on it's argv[0]. OPTIONS
-e directory exclude a directory (repeat the option to exclude more than one directory, Requires full path). -f infilename infilename contains a list of files to be processed. Use - for stdin. -F Force reset of context to match file_context for customizable files, and the default file context, changing the user, role, range portion as well as the type. -h, -? display usage information and exit. -i ignore files that do not exist. -n don't change any file labels (passive check). To display the files whose labels would be changed, add -v. -o outfilename Deprecated, SELinux policy will probably block this access. Use shell redirection to save list of files with incorrect context in filename. -p show progress by printing * every 1024 files. (If you relabel the entire OS, this will show you the percentage complete.) -R, -r change files and directories file labels recursively (descend directories). Note: restorecon reports warnings on paths without default labels only if called non-recursively or in verbose mode. -v show changes in file labels, if type or role are going to be changed. -0 the separator for the input items is assumed to be the null character (instead of the white space). The quotes and the backslash characters are also treated as normal characters that can form valid input. This option finally also disables the end of file string, which is treated like any other argument. Useful when input items might contain white space, quote marks or backslashes. The -print0 option of GNU find produces input suitable for this mode. ARGUMENTS pathname... The pathname for the file(s) to be relabeled. NOTE
restorecon does not follow symbolic links and by default it does not operate recursively on directories. AUTHOR
This man page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. Some of the content of this man page was taken from the setfiles man page written by Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>. The program was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
setfiles(8), load_policy(8), checkpolicy(8) 2002031409 restorecon(8)