Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting list file content as individual variables Post 302359382 by petersf on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 11:55:18 AM
Old 10-06-2009
Thanks!

I think I got it. I appreciate your input. You got me out of a jam!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put content of file into variables

How to put a line of strings (with some white spaces in between) from a file into variables? I have tried the following codes. However, the content is cut by space (not by line) for i in `cat ${source_file}` do echo $i done Please comment. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rock
2 Replies

2. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk - how to read a content of a file from every file from file list

Hi Experts. I need to list the file and the filename comes from the file ListOfFile.txt. Basicly I have a filename "ListOfFile.txt" and it contain Example of ListOfFile.txt /home/Dave/Program/Tran1.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran2.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran3.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran4.P... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanit
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Content from one file to another with variables

Greetings All, Need some help, your input is appreciated. Scenario: I have five files, each has one line with comletely different content. I execute the command to combine all the five lines of content into a single file. Goal: I would like to take that single file that has the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royarellano
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list content with file name ?

I want to search the string including the symbol like 'search' for example, file a.txt in \\dir contains, a for 'appable' b for 'banana' c for 'cat' s for 'search' Here I need to display(serach outpur) like \\dir\a.txt s for 'search' ... ... How to list content with file name... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkskumar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Turning CSV files into individual Variables

I want to be able to convert the following data from a CSV into individual variables from the columns 2 4 and 8 I can use awk to grab the columns using var1=`cat text.csv | awk "," '{print $2}'` but how do I create separate variables for each line. 595358 ,ECON1010 ,THU ,08:00 - 10:00 ,11 Mar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: domsmith
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parse or cut concat variables to individual values

Hello I need to pass some environment parameters to a datastage job and am getting an error when trying to send the complete concatinated variable. I have decided to parse out just the values and send as parameters but am struggling to find the best way to do this (actually I am not very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LynnC
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

list file content

I need help. I have this file, it has 2 fields with at least 300 lines: 1 4 2 3 3 6 4 2 . . 300 5 My output should be for every line in input file the output should be like this, for example line 1: wget http://somewebsite/page=1&line=1 wget http://somewebsite/page=1&line=2 wget... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List all File Content its subdirectory

Is there anyway to display the file content in a subdirectory that starts or ends with a certain filename, say .txt? or start with NTS $ ls * dos2unix.bat dos2unix.exe test.txt FilePermissions: filepermission.html NTSLA32_SystemDrive.txt NTSLA36_regedit.txt filepermission.sh ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the files after sorting based on file content

Hi, I have two pipe separated files as below: head -3 file1.txt "HD"|"Nov 11 2016 4:08AM"|"0000000018" "DT"|"240350264"|"56432" "DT"|"240350264"|"56432" head -3 file2.txt "HD"|"Nov 15 2016 2:18AM"|"0000000019" "DT"|"240350264"|"56432" "DT"|"240350264"|"56432" I want to list the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
6 Replies
sccs-comb(1)							   User Commands						      sccs-comb(1)

NAME
sccs-comb, comb - combine SCCS deltas SYNOPSIS
/usr/ccs/bin/comb [-os] [-csid-list] [-psid] s.filename... DESCRIPTION
comb generates a shell script (see sh(1)) that you can use to reconstruct the indicated s.files. This script is written to the standard output. If a directory name is used in place of the s.filename argument, the comb command applies to all s.files in that directory. Unreadable s.files produce an error; processing continues with the next file (if any). The use of `-' as the s.filename argument indicates that the names of files are to be read from the standard input, one s.file per line. If no options are specified, comb preserves only the most recent (leaf) delta in a branch, and the minimal number of ancestors needed to preserve the history. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -o For each `get -e' generated, access the reconstructed file at the release of the delta to be created. Otherwise, the recon- structed file is accessed at the most recent ancestor. The use of -o may decrease the size of the reconstructed s.file. It may also alter the shape of the delta tree of the original file. -s Generate scripts to gather statistics, rather than combining deltas. When run, the shell scripts report: the file name, size (in blocks) after combining, original size (also in blocks), and the percentage size change, computed by the formula: 100 * ( original - combined ) / original This option can be used to calculate the space that will be saved, before actually doing the combining. -csid-list Include the indicated list of deltas. All other deltas are omitted. sid-list is a comma-separated list of SCCS delta IDs (SIDs). To specify a range of deltas, use a `-' separator instead of a comma, between two SIDs in the list. -pSID The SID of the oldest delta to be preserved. FILES
s.COMB reconstructed SCCS file comb????? temporary file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsprot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sccs(1), sccs-admin(1), sccs-cdc(1), sccs-delta(1), sccs-help(1), sccs-prs(1), sccs-prt(1), sccs-rmdel(1), sccs-sccsdiff(1), what(1), sccs- file(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Use the SCCS help command for explanations (see sccs-help(1)). BUGS
comb may rearrange the shape of the tree of deltas. It may not save any space; in fact, it is possible for the reconstructed file to actu- ally be larger than the original. SunOS 5.10 1 Nov 1999 sccs-comb(1)