Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print rows, having pattern in specific column... Post 302359253 by radoulov on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 06:14:53 AM
Old 10-06-2009
Quote:
Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt
I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt
Why don't you just apply that command directly?

Quote:
My desired output is got a script named as txt.sh look like this:
Code:
awk '{print $1"\t"}' file1.txt
awk '{print $1"\t"}' file2.txt
awk '{print $1"\t"}' file3.txt
awk '{print $1"\t"}' file4.txt

You don't need awk for this (assuming the filenames do not contain embedded new lines):

Code:
(
  IFS='
'
printf "awk '{print \$1\"\\\t\"}' %s\n" $(<infile)
  )

And, as I already said, you can achieve the same with:

Code:
awk '{ print $1 "\t" }' *txt

... or use xargs if you have too many files.

Quote:
Thus I'm asking whether you know the way to express the single quote by awk print
thanks again for your suggestion
Code:
awk -vq=\' 'BEGIN {
  for (f=1; f<ARGC; f++)
    print "awk", q "{ print $1 \"\\t\" }" q, ARGV[f]
    }' *txt

For example:

Code:
% ls
file1.txt  file2.txt  file3.txt  file4.txt
% awk -vq=\' 'BEGIN {
  for (f=1; f<ARGC; f++)
    print "awk", q "{ print $1 \"\\t\" }" q, ARGV[f]
}' *txt
awk '{ print $1 "\t" }' file1.txt
awk '{ print $1 "\t" }' file2.txt
awk '{ print $1 "\t" }' file3.txt
awk '{ print $1 "\t" }' file4.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about sort specific column and print other column at the same time !

Hi, This is my input file: ali 5 usa abc abu 4 uk bca alan 6 brazil bac pinky 10 utah sdc My desired output: pinky 10 utah sdc alan 6 brazil bac ali 5 usa abc abu 4 uk bca Based on the column two, I want to do the descending order and print out other related column at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print out specific pattern column data

Input file: adc_0123 haa_1000 bcc_520 adc_0150 bcc_290 adc_0112 haa_8000 adc_0139 haa_7000 Output file: adc_0123 adc_0123 haa_1000 bcc_520 adc_0150 adc_0150 bcc_290 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace column that matches specific pattern, with column data from another file

Can anyone please help with this? I have 2 files as given below. If 2nd column of file1 has pattern foo1@a, find the matching 1st column in file2 & replace 2nd column of file1 with file2's value. file1 abc_1 foo1@a .... abc_1 soo2@a ... def_2 soo2@a .... def_2 foo1@a ........ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashali
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Detect Specific Pattern and Print the Specific String after It?

I'm still beginner and maybe someone can help me. I have this input: the great warrior a, b, c and what i want to know is, with awk, how can i detect the string with 'warrior' string on it and print the a, b, and c seperately, become like this : Warrior Type a b c Im still very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radynaraya
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to print only selected rows in a particular column specified by column name

Dear All, I have a data file input.csv like below. (Only five column shown here for example.) Data1,StepNo,Data2,Data3,Data4 2,1,3,4,5 3,1,5,6,7 3,2,4,5,6 5,3,5,5,6 From this I want the below output Data1,StepNo,Data2,Data3,Data4 2,1,3,4,5 3,1,5,6,7 where the second column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting rows where the value in a specific column match

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file where I want to delete all rows that have the same string for column 1. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! Example Input: aa 1 aa 2 aa 3 bb 4 bc 5 bb 6 cd 8 Output: bc 5 cd 8 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Single Column into Multiple rows, but with strings to specific tab column

Dear fellows, I need your help. I'm trying to write a script to convert a single column into multiple rows. But it need to recognize the beginning of the string and set it to its specific Column number. Each Line (loop) begins with digit (RANGE). At this moment it's kind of working, but it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print multiple specific column after a specific word?

Hello.... Pls help me (and sorry my english) :) So I have a file (test.txt) with 1 long line.... for example: isgc jsfh udgf osff 8462 error iwzr 653 idchisfb isfbisfb sihfjfeb isfhsi gcz eifh How to print after the "error" word the 2nd 4th 5th and 7th word?? output well be: 653 isfbisfb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marvinandco
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If pattern in column 3 matches pattern in column 2 (any row), print value in column 1

Hi all, I have searched and searched, but I have not found a solution that quite fits what I am trying to do. I have a long list of data in three columns. Below is a sample: 1,10,8 2,12,10 3,13,12 4,14,14 5,15,16 6,16,18 Please use code tags What I need to do is as follows: If a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bleedingturnip
4 Replies
REGEXP-ASSEMBLE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       REGEXP-ASSEMBLE(1p)

NAME
regexp-assemble - Assemble a list of regular expressions from a file SYNOPSIS
regexp-assemble -abcdfinprsStTuUvw file [...] DESCRIPTION
Assemble a list of regular expression either from standard input or a file, using the Regexp::Assemble module. OPTIONS
-a look Ahead. Insert "(?=...)" zero-width lookahead assertions in the pattern, where necessary. -b Blank. Ignore blank lines. -c Comment. Basic comment filtering. Strip off perl/shell comments ("s*#.*$/"). -d Debug. Turns on debugging output. See Regexp::Assemble for suitable values. -i Indent. Print the regular expression using and indent of n to display nesting. A.k.a pretty-printing. Implies -p. -n No newline. Do not print a newline after the pattern. Useful when interpolating the output into a templating system or similar. -p Print. Print the pattern. This is the default, however, it is required when the -t switch is enabled (because if you want to test patterns ordinarily you don't care what the the assembled pattern looks like). -r Reduce. The default behaviour is to reduce the assembled pattern. Enabling this switch causes the reduction algorithm to be switched off. This can help you determine how much reduction is performed. regexp-assemble pattern.file | wc # versus regexp-assemble -r pattern.file | wc -s Statistics. Print some statistics about the assembled pattern. The output is sent to STDERR (in order to allow the generated pattern to be redirected elsewhere). -S Statistics only. Like -s, except that the pattern itself is not output. Useful with -d 8 to see the time taken. -t Test. Test the assembled expression against the contents of a file. Each line is read from the file and is matched against the pattern. Lines that fail to match are printed. In other words, no output is good output. In this mode of operation, error status is 1 in the case of a failure, 0 if all lines matched. -T Time. Print statistics on the time taken to reduce and assemble the pattern. (This is merely a lazy person's synonym for "-d 8"). -u Unique. Carp if duplicate patterns are found. -U Unroll. Transform "a+" et al into "aa*" (which may allow additional reductions). -v Version. Print the version of the regexp-assemble script. -w Word/Whole. When testing the contents of a file with "-t", bracket the expression with "^" and "$" in order to match the whole word or line from the file. DIAGNOSTICS
Will print out a summary of the problem if an added pattern causes the assembly to fail. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Assemble AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2004-2008 David Landgren. All rights reserved. LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-30 REGEXP-ASSEMBLE(1p)