Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Daytime
Operating Systems Linux Linux Daytime Post 302359180 by bogabug on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 02:55:20 AM
Old 10-06-2009
Linux Daytime

Hi Guys.
My Name is Luca. This is a first time that write on these fantastic forum.
I hope that someone could help me.

I'm working on redhat As 4.0. I'm using the daytime service.
I have enable the daytime service and it seems work.
From my pc I do:
C:\>ftp
ftp> open 10.99.99.4 13
Connesso a 10.99.99.4.
06 OCT 2009 08:50:15 CEST
Connessione chiusa dall'host remoto.
ftp>
And it seems work. But I have a problem. I have old dos application that work with the sco-unix daytime and work well. I notice that the date format of linux isn't ugual to date format on Sco-unix. In sco-unix is :
ftp> open 10.99.99.5 13
Connesso a 10.99.99.5.
Tue Oct 6 08:49:04 2009
Connessione chiusa dall'host remoto.
ftp>
in my linux if I check my date output on bash shell is:
[root@srvOra9 rc.d]# date
mar ott 6 08:53:36 CEST 2009
[root@srvOracle9 rc.d]#

It is possible to change the linux output ? from 06 OCT 2009 08:50:15 CEST to mar ott 6 08:53:36 CEST 2009. If yes.. how ?

Many thanks
regards
Luca Bogani

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

why daytime don't work?

Following code is detecting solaris daytime,when I run it,I can't get any result,code is follows: #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define BUFFSIZE 150 int main(){ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: konvalo
2 Replies

2. Programming

Using Different port for Daytime Service

Hi all, is it possible to use a different port number for daytime service. By default the port number of daytime service is 13, so what if I want to get the time from a different port number e.g say 9000 (or any other port). I guess this would remain the same on the server side !... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisum
2 Replies
SWITCH_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						    SWITCH_ROOT(8)

NAME
switch_root - switch to another filesystem as the root of the mount tree SYNOPSIS
switch_root [-hV] switch_root newroot init [arg...] DESCRIPTION
switch_root moves already mounted /proc, /dev, /sys and /run to newroot and makes newroot the new root filesystem and starts init process. WARNING: switch_root removes recursively all files and directories on the current root filesystem. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RETURN VALUE
switch_root returns 0 on success and 1 on failure. NOTES
switch_root will fail to function if newroot is not the root of a mount. If you want to switch root into a directory that does not meet this requirement then you can first use a bind-mounting trick to turn any directory into a mount point: mount --bind $DIR $DIR SEE ALSO
chroot(2), init(8), mkinitrd(8), mount(8) AUTHORS
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The switch_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2009 SWITCH_ROOT(8)