Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Daytime
Operating Systems Linux Linux Daytime Post 302359180 by bogabug on Tuesday 6th of October 2009 02:55:20 AM
Old 10-06-2009
Linux Daytime

Hi Guys.
My Name is Luca. This is a first time that write on these fantastic forum.
I hope that someone could help me.

I'm working on redhat As 4.0. I'm using the daytime service.
I have enable the daytime service and it seems work.
From my pc I do:
C:\>ftp
ftp> open 10.99.99.4 13
Connesso a 10.99.99.4.
06 OCT 2009 08:50:15 CEST
Connessione chiusa dall'host remoto.
ftp>
And it seems work. But I have a problem. I have old dos application that work with the sco-unix daytime and work well. I notice that the date format of linux isn't ugual to date format on Sco-unix. In sco-unix is :
ftp> open 10.99.99.5 13
Connesso a 10.99.99.5.
Tue Oct 6 08:49:04 2009
Connessione chiusa dall'host remoto.
ftp>
in my linux if I check my date output on bash shell is:
[root@srvOra9 rc.d]# date
mar ott 6 08:53:36 CEST 2009
[root@srvOracle9 rc.d]#

It is possible to change the linux output ? from 06 OCT 2009 08:50:15 CEST to mar ott 6 08:53:36 CEST 2009. If yes.. how ?

Many thanks
regards
Luca Bogani

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

why daytime don't work?

Following code is detecting solaris daytime,when I run it,I can't get any result,code is follows: #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define BUFFSIZE 150 int main(){ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: konvalo
2 Replies

2. Programming

Using Different port for Daytime Service

Hi all, is it possible to use a different port number for daytime service. By default the port number of daytime service is 13, so what if I want to get the time from a different port number e.g say 9000 (or any other port). I guess this would remain the same on the server side !... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisum
2 Replies
UUID_TIME(3)							    Libuuid API 						      UUID_TIME(3)

NAME
uuid_time - extract the time at which the UUID was created SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid.h> time_t uuid_time(uuid_t uu, struct timeval *ret_tv) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_time function extracts the time at which the supplied time-based UUID uu was created. Note that the UUID creation time is only encoded within certain types of UUIDs. This function can only reasonably expect to extract the creation time for UUIDs created with the uuid_generate_time(3) and uuid_generate_time_safe(3) functions. It may or may not work with UUIDs created by other mechanisms. RETURN VALUES
The time at which the UUID was created, in seconds since January 1, 1970 GMT (the epoch), is returned (see time(2)). The time at which the UUID was created, in seconds and microseconds since the epoch, is also stored in the location pointed to by ret_tv (see gettimeofday(2)). AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_compare(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_TIME(3)