Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issues on email delivery
Operating Systems AIX Issues on email delivery Post 302359095 by neil_is_ere on Monday 5th of October 2009 07:28:50 PM
Old 10-05-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by funksen
shoudn't it be

from=<user@ourdomain.com
instead of
from=<user@local.ourdomain.com
?
Yeah... now I'm confused because it shows the correct From: address when it is sent to me (I'm CCing myself).

The sendmail.cf is showing $g's, perhaps changing the $g to $f might help... or maybe I'm going into the totally wrong direction.
H?F?From: $?x$x <$g>$|$g$.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail delivery confirmation

If I am sending mail with this command: mail .......@whatever.com < filename, is it possible to get delivery confirmation? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CSGUY
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a file delivery time and sending it as an email

Hello, i have a requirement where i need to create a script which would check for a file name called XX_YYYY_ZZ in the directory inbound and as soon as the file is delivered in this directory a email needs to be sent to a user abc@yahoo.com The plan is to put script in the core process to run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasinn
8 Replies

3. Programming

TCP/IP, how to verify delivery?

When I successfully write data to a TCP/IP socket, as I understand it, I am only guaranteed the data gets to the TCP/IP stack's buffer. However, a successful write doesn't guarantee that the data actually gets to the recipient. Since data can linger in the TCP/IP stack's buffer "indefinately," it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Smtp dual delivery script

Hello Peoples, I have a problem wrapping my head around a script that I modified, essentially it uses the postfix smtp line in master.cf to send out a message to two or more email servers, It is a nice way to test different email servers and platforms. Problem with the original script is that it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeSe
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

DNS config preventing mail delivery

Hi Please can you help on this: the Net Admins decided to use DNS to resolve names, so this is preventing mail being delivered when using commands like date | mailx -s "test" abc.xyz@asdf.xx.yy. What we were asked was to edit /etc/resolv.confand add 3 entries, in all servers (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Format Output issues

Hi Guys, I have written a script, which output information from email notfication. The output works fine in HTML format, but non-html format it is not shown in a human readable format. Can you help with the format *** Script echo " Server Name : $CLIENT_CHECK "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Qmail mail delivery problem

Dear Concern, As per below article, we have configured qmail in our system. THE LINUX STUFF: qmail Installation Steps on Linux But when we try to send any mail in own domain, got below error message. Please advise. Apr 17 17:01:20 BLAUDITSCPTEST sendmail: alias database /etc/aliases... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
0 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)