Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bash problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash problem Post 302359072 by talashil on Monday 5th of October 2009 06:23:11 PM
Old 10-05-2009
here is the content of oratab file.

Code:
+ASM1:/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/racasm:N
abcd1:/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/racdb:N
xyz1:/opt/oracle/product/11.1.0/racdb:N

all I am trying to do is get the path from the above.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash while loop problem

Hi, I'm having a problem with the while loop in bash. I try the following script: #!/bin/bash while true do echo "test" done When I try this, it gives me this error: while: Too few arguments. What am I doing wrong? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kweekwom
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash problem

Hello there, I'm a beginner in bash programining and I have a problem with the interpretetion of the code: sed -e "s/\(*\):.*/\1/" in this for loop: for process in $(sed -e "s/\(*\):.*/\1/" /etc/passwd) thx for any help edgehead (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgehead
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem about '..' in bash

There is an interview question about UNIX bash: Some shells like bash try to make '..' always work propery, namely, from home directory, cd ../$USER will place you in your home directory. Does bash always get this behavior correct? Anyway can provide any example that bash doesnt work well? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: usfish
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash problem with if

#!/bin/bash # This script takes two arguments: <path> and <dir>. It has to copy in <dir> #+ all regular files in <path> with .c extension containining at least one while #+ instruction and one if instruction. if then for file in $(ls "$1" | grep "\.c$") do if # doesn't... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash problem

hello i am new with linux hello unix forum. i have big problem i want to install the samp server for every user folder for ex.. samp for my frined name fred fredsamp then i want create more samp to my firend lee i want folder name will be leesamp i want to know how make the script put the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mage200
0 Replies

6. Solaris

bash problem?

I am using SunOS 5.9 and have the following outcome when using the sh and bash shells; has anyone else had this: (tests behave differently) bash-2.05$ ksh $ if echo $SHELL; uname -a;; then echo yessssssssssssss; else echo nooooooooooooooo; fi SunOS s036cln001014 5.9 Generic_118558-27 sun4u... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cliffcard
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with bash if

Hi, i am making a little script that when its invoked with p or f, it will do different things (p will ask the user to input an string and it will count its words , and f will ask the user a directory and will list the number of files in that directory. But if wont get the comparation string... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamachejo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

zero padding problem (bash)

Hi there, I need to loop some values, for i in $(seq $first $last) do does something here donefor $first and $last, i need it to be of fixed length 5. so if the input is 1, i need to add zeros in front such that it becomes 00001. It loops till 99999 for example, but the length has to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jremio
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem With Bash Scripting

What's up guys, I am currently trying to figure out the answer to this question and I cannot for the life of me! The question is : "Explain how to do the following in UNIX/Linux shell script. You are not expected to remember the exact command syntax, but explain approximately how you would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malikirl
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A bash problem

Hi, I'm fairly new to unix, and I have the following problem: I know that if I type, "ps -ef | grep process", this will return some information about the process named 'process'. What I need this to do is be piped to an extra search that pick's out process' PID. How do I do this? Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bogof_tom
5 Replies
CHING(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching -- the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
ching [hexagram] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (e.g., ``It furthers one to have somewhere to go.'') while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life (``Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.'') When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes significant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff(1) for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD