Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issues on email delivery
Operating Systems AIX Issues on email delivery Post 302359016 by funksen on Monday 5th of October 2009 02:22:28 PM
Old 10-05-2009
if postfix is an option for you, I wrote this tutorial:
http://tech.gate.io/blogpost34

your problem is the "from" field

if you want, I have a sendmail solution too which I can post tomorrow
this one has the advantage, that "from" field is rewritten to

Code:

for AIX, you have to run "newaliases" after postfix the installation, then it'll work fine

Last edited by funksen; 10-05-2009 at 03:29 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail delivery confirmation

If I am sending mail with this command: mail .......@whatever.com < filename, is it possible to get delivery confirmation? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CSGUY
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a file delivery time and sending it as an email

Hello, i have a requirement where i need to create a script which would check for a file name called XX_YYYY_ZZ in the directory inbound and as soon as the file is delivered in this directory a email needs to be sent to a user abc@yahoo.com The plan is to put script in the core process to run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasinn
8 Replies

3. Programming

TCP/IP, how to verify delivery?

When I successfully write data to a TCP/IP socket, as I understand it, I am only guaranteed the data gets to the TCP/IP stack's buffer. However, a successful write doesn't guarantee that the data actually gets to the recipient. Since data can linger in the TCP/IP stack's buffer "indefinately," it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Smtp dual delivery script

Hello Peoples, I have a problem wrapping my head around a script that I modified, essentially it uses the postfix smtp line in master.cf to send out a message to two or more email servers, It is a nice way to test different email servers and platforms. Problem with the original script is that it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeSe
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

DNS config preventing mail delivery

Hi Please can you help on this: the Net Admins decided to use DNS to resolve names, so this is preventing mail being delivered when using commands like date | mailx -s "test" abc.xyz@asdf.xx.yy. What we were asked was to edit /etc/resolv.confand add 3 entries, in all servers (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email Format Output issues

Hi Guys, I have written a script, which output information from email notfication. The output works fine in HTML format, but non-html format it is not shown in a human readable format. Can you help with the format *** Script echo " Server Name : $CLIENT_CHECK "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Qmail mail delivery problem

Dear Concern, As per below article, we have configured qmail in our system. THE LINUX STUFF: qmail Installation Steps on Linux But when we try to send any mail in own domain, got below error message. Please advise. Apr 17 17:01:20 BLAUDITSCPTEST sendmail: alias database /etc/aliases... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
0 Replies
REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)

NAME
reporter-upload - Uploads compressed tarball of problem directory. SYNOPSIS
reporter-upload [-c CONFFILE]... [-d DIR] [-u URL] DESCRIPTION
The tool is used to create a compressed tarball of the problem directory and upload it to a URL. Supported protocols include FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SCP, SFTP, TFTP and FILE. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: URL The URL where tarball should be uploaded. Integration with ABRT events reporter-upload can be used as a reporter, to allow users to upload compressed tarballs of problem directories to a configured URL. This usage can be configured in /etc/libreport/report_event.conf: EVENT=report_Upload reporter-upload It can be also used on the post-create event to upload it automatically. EVENT=post-create reporter-upload OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. -u URL The URL where tarball should be uploaded. URL should have form protocol://[user[:pass]@]host/dir/[file.tar.gz] where protocol can be http(s), ftp, scp, or file. File protocol can't have user and host parts: file.tar.gz[1]. If URL ends with a slash, the archive name will be generated and appended to URL; otherwise, URL will be used as full file name. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Upload_URL The URL where should be the tarball uploaded. AUTHORS
o ABRT team NOTES
1. file.tar.gz file:///dir/ LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)