Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to search unique occurence in a file? Post 302358927 by pludi on Monday 5th of October 2009 08:26:20 AM
Old 10-05-2009
Yes, there is (small variation of the first):
Code:
perl -lne '$unique{$1}++ if /(DE\d+-\d)/; END{print scalar keys %unique;}' <yourfile>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search& count for the occurence of a word

Greetings, I need to search and count all the occurences of a word in all the files in a directory. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skoppana
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for all the unique file extension

Greetings to All ... :b: I have one root folder containing different other folders within it. I need to get the list of all different types of file extensions residing in those folders. Could anyone help me providing some shell script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riverside
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search file between last occurence of 2 strings

I need to extract the last block of /== START OF SQLPLUS ==/ and /== END OF SQLPLUS ==/. The logifle is written to several times in a day using >> to append. I need a solution using grep/sed. logfile looks like this START OF LOGFILE /== START OF SQLPLUS ==/ ERROR /== END OF SQLPLUS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanton
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Search for next occurence of a word in an array

I have an array as follows: Space: ABC Name: def Age: 22 Type: new Name: fgh Age: 34 Type: old Space: XYZ Name: pqr Age: 44 Type: new : : How can I separate the array with elements starting from Space:ABC until Space: XYZ & put them in a different array & so on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify the occurence of a pattern between a unique character?

hi, is it possible to find the number of occurences of a pattern between two paranthesis. for e.g i have a file as below. >>{ >>hi >>GoodMorning >>how are you? >>} >>is it good, >>tell me yes, if it is good In the above file, its clear the occurence of word "Good"... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: divak
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern2 starting from occurence of pattern1

Hi folks, I have a file which contains several occurences of 2 different patterns. I need to find out the line of first occurence of pattern2 starting after the position of first occurence of pattern1. example file: aaaa pattern2 bbbb pattern1 ccc pattern2 ddd pattern1 eee pattern2... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameucho
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search specific pattern in file and return number of occurence

Hi I want to search for a specific pattern in file Say ABC;HELLO_UNIX_WORLD;PQR ABC;HELLO_UNIX_WORLD_IS_NOT_ENOUGH;XYZ ABC;HELLO_UNIX_FORUM;LMN Pattern to search is : "HELLO_UNIX_*****" and not "HELLO_UNIX_***_***_" I mean after "HELLO_UNIX" there can only be one word.In this case... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find the Nth Occurence of Search String

Hi guys, I like to find the Line number of Nth Occurence of a Search string in a file. If possible, if it will land the cursor to that particualar line will be great. Cheers!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search only the first occurence in shell

Hello I have a configuration file and I want to extract a part of this configuration. Example of configuration: profile toto { bla bla blabla } conftest { toto { myarguements } I try to do a sed command: sed -n '/'toto' {$/,/^}/p' But the result is : profile toto { (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick31
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: count unique elements in a field and sum their occurence across the entire file

Hi, Sure it's an easy one, but it drives me insane. input ("|" separated): 1|A,B,C,A 2|A,D,D 3|A,B,B I would like to count the occurence of each capital letters in $2 across the entire file, knowing that duplicates in each record count as 1. I am trying to get this output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies
ERR_GET_LIB(3)							      OpenSSL							    ERR_GET_LIB(3)

NAME
ERR_GET_LIB, ERR_GET_FUNC, ERR_GET_REASON - get library, function and reason code LIBRARY
libcrypto, -lcrypto SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/err.h> int ERR_GET_LIB(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_FUNC(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_REASON(unsigned long e); DESCRIPTION
The error code returned by ERR_get_error() consists of a library number, function code and reason code. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() can be used to extract these. The library number and function code describe where the error occurred, the reason code is the information about what went wrong. Each sub-library of OpenSSL has a unique library number; function and reason codes are unique within each sub-library. Note that different libraries may use the same value to signal different functions and reasons. ERR_R_... reason codes such as ERR_R_MALLOC_FAILURE are globally unique. However, when checking for sub-library specific reason codes, be sure to also compare the library number. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are macros. RETURN VALUES
The library number, function code and reason code respectively. SEE ALSO
openssl_err(3), ERR_get_error(3) HISTORY
ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. 1.0.1i 2009-07-20 ERR_GET_LIB(3)