Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting login into multiple servers through script is having some problem Post 302358595 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 3rd of October 2009 10:32:58 AM
Old 10-03-2009
-superfluous-

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

login into multiple servers thru script...

I need to login into multiple servers thru a script run couple commands and run find command as root. I only have ssh access to the servers as a user than I can "su" to root. If you have a similar script please post it. Also if you can suggest commands that I should consider please let me know. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avcert1998
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell/perl script to connect to different servers in single login in teradata

Hi, I want to write a shell script to compare two tables in teradata.these tables are present on different servers. I want to connect to both servers in single login in order to fetch and compare the data in one go. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monika
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem sshing to multiple servers while in a loop

I have the following block from a script (it's not the entire script, but I'm confident it's all that is pertinent) echo "$SESSIONS"|while read ID;do ASSETID=$(echo "$ERRORS"|grep -i "$ID"|grep FX_Media_Session_Playlist::init_playlist|grep -i asset_id=|awk '{print $11}') BLADE=$(echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to login to several servers and get files

Hi ppl, I am looking out for a shell script a. That would have to login(from a main server) to say 16 servers individually. b.On each server go to a particular location, check if a particular file is generated on a date(say every sunday it gets generated and i would be interested in the latest... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi ppl, I am looking out for a shell script a. That would have to login(from a main server) to say 16 servers individually. b.On each server go to a particular location, check if a particular file is generated on a date(say every sunday it gets generated and i would be interested in the latest... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi ppl, I am looking out for a shell script a. That would have to login(from a main server) to say 16 servers individually. b.On each server go to a particular location, check if a particular file is generated on a date(say every sunday it gets generated and i would be interested in the latest... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for login to servers with user name and password and execute commands

I am having the 15 servers which need to do the monitoring Hi I need a shell script, By which i can log in to multiple servers and execute the commands.. I need to specify the username and password in the scripts. Please help me to write the script so that it can login with username and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandan8a
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote login and running a script on multiple servers

Hi all, I am baffled on this. Solaris Irix system.:confused: I have 4 servers all connected to one another, :b: I need to write a script line that would login on to server 1-3 ($HOST) start a script in the back ground and log off while the back ground script runs over a length of time.:eek: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: weddy
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script on multiple servers

I need to run a script on a bunch of remote servers. how can this be done without ssh into each individual server and run it its under /sbin/script.sh on each server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to check login across multiple servers

I need to manually interactively feed in my password for each server one after the other. Below is the script I am using: #!/bin/bash input="serverlist.txt" while IFS= read -r var <&3 do echo $var ssh user1@$var done 3< "$input" I get password prompt for the first server. If I dont have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
CPP(1)							      General Commands Manual							    CPP(1)

NAME
cpp - C language preprocessor SYNOPSIS
cpp [ option ... ] [ ifile [ ofile ] ] DESCRIPTION
Cpp interprets ANSI C preprocessor directives and does macro substitution. The input ifile and output ofile default to standard input and standard output respectively. The options are: -Dname -Dname=def -Idir Same as in 2c(1). -M Generate no output except a list of include files in a form suitable for specifying dependencies to mk(1). Use twice to list files in angle brackets. -N Turn off default include directories. All must be specified with -I. Without this option, /$objtype/include and /sys/include are used as the last two searched directories for include directives, where $objtype is read from the environment. -V Print extra debugging information. -+ Understand C++ comments. The output file contains processed text sprinkled with lines that show the original input line numbering: #line linenumber "ifile" The input language is as described in the ANSI C standard. The C compilers do not use cpp; they contain their own simple but adequate pre- processor, so cpp is usually superfluous. FILES
/sys/include directory for machine-independent include files /$objtype/include directory for machine-dependent include files SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/cpp SEE ALSO
2c(1) CPP(1)