Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD restart the network on freeBSD 7.2 Post 302358468 by _R3d on Friday 2nd of October 2009 04:15:22 PM
Old 10-02-2009
edit: same info posted above.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

2. Programming

Help in developing a Network Appliation to monitor pc in a network

I am developing a Network Appliation to monitor computers in a network. Specs are App monitors the current web page viewed in each system App also can shutdown the computer in the network App can show all process run by each computer in the network I am now confused how to start my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: valaparambil88
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

4. AIX

How restart the network interface in AIX?

Hi All, Please let me know the command to restart the network interface and enable it on boot in AIX, similar to /etc/init.d/network restart in Redhat. Thanks, Sunil.K please watch out to post in the right subforum! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilrk07
9 Replies

5. IP Networking

Test Network Routing Issues (FREEBSD and RHEL)

Hello, I'm attempting to setup a test network with a client-server based architecture using a proprietary application. The client works by communicating with the server on separate links (typically cellular connections) and then initiates a tunnel over each active link. However, in place of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

I would like to monitor network traffic for a computer on my network

My son does homework on a school laptop. I was thinking about setting up a gateway on my home network, so that I can monitor web traffic and know if he is doing his homework without standing over his shoulder. Ideally I would like to use the Raspberry Pi Model b that I already have. However, I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
15 Replies

8. Solaris

Changing "rx_queue_number" in "ixgbe.conf". Reboot or Network Restart?

Hi all, First post here. Working on Solaris 10, on a Sun t4-4, need to change RX queue depth(ethernet, not HBA) and was wondering if i could get by with just restarting the network or if i should just bounce the whole shebang. Apologies if i missed a similar thread. if there is one, please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caspnx
2 Replies

9. Debian

How do i correct restart network-services in Debian?

Hello, I would like to do follow steps. Set a static IP-Adress on eth0 (For Testing) Set DHCP on eth0 All steps should be done without a single reboot. /etc/network/interfaces iface eth0 inet static address 192.0.2.7/24 gateway 192.0.2.254How do i perform... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: int3g3r
3 Replies
RDMA_POST_RECVV(3)					   Librdmacm Programmer's Manual					RDMA_POST_RECVV(3)

NAME
rdma_post_recvv - post a work request to receive incoming messages. SYNOPSIS
#include <rdma/rdma_verbs.h> int rdma_post_recvv (struct rdma_cm_id *id, void *context, struct ibv_sge *sgl, int nsge); ARGUMENTS
id A reference to a communication identifier where the message buffer(s) will be posted. context User-defined context associated with the request. sgl A scatter-gather list of memory buffers posted as a single request. nsge The number of scatter-gather entries in the sgl array. DESCRIPTION
Posts a single work request to the receive queue of the queue pair associated with the rdma_cm_id. The posted buffers will be queued to receive an incoming message sent by the remote peer. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 on success, or -1 on error. If an error occurs, errno will be set to indicate the failure reason. NOTES
The user is responsible for ensuring that the receive is posted, and the total buffer space is large enough to contain all sent data before the peer posts the corresponding send message. The message buffers must have been registered before being posted, and the buffers must remain registered until the receive completes. Messages may be posted to an rdma_cm_id only after a queue pair has been associated with it. A queue pair is bound to an rdma_cm_id after calling rdma_create_ep or rdma_create_qp, if the rdma_cm_id is allocated using rdma_create_id. The user-defined context associated with the receive request will be returned to the user through the work completion wr_id, work request identifier, field. SEE ALSO
rdma_cm(7), rdma_create_id(3), rdma_create_ep(3), rdma_create_qp(3), rdma_reg_read(3), ibv_reg_mr(3), ibv_dereg_mr(3), rdma_post_recv(3), rdma_post_send(3) librdmacm 2010-07-19 RDMA_POST_RECVV(3)