Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C POSIX: Analyze a Boggle board using 100% CPU on a quad core. Post 302358461 by Corona688 on Friday 2nd of October 2009 03:44:01 PM
Old 10-02-2009
Without seeing the code I can't tell why it's doing what. Each core will have some of its own cache so reading the same memory would not be a problem.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

cpu and core

Hi, what is concept of core in ibm platform? I want to know how to find out no of core in cpu in aix i.e command how to find out value of core? Wheather any specification is there? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

2. AIX

no of core in cpu for aix

is there command which will display no of core per cpu in aix? Regads, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Distinguishing between CPU and Core

Hi, I want to know if in UNIX is it possible to distinguish between a CPU and a core through any command? Thanks, Vineet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineetd
1 Replies

4. Linux Benchmarks

AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor, Ram: 3.6 GB, Foxconn 7da-s and Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64

CPU/Speed: AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor Ram: 3.6 GB Motherboard: Foxconn 7da-s Bus: Cache: Controller: Disk: Load: Kernel: Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 Kernel ELF?: pgms: ============================================================== BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: migracho
0 Replies

5. AIX

What is a cpu core ?

Hi Friends- What does it mean by 2 cpu cores, 3 cpu cores? Does it mean 2 separate cpus or what is it exactly ? Kindly explain a bit in detail. Thanks panditt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deshaipet
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Share CPU core

Hi, I have 2 physical processor UltraSPARC-T2 with 32 virtual processors I want to execute a perl program on 10 virtual processors. I try prset command, but I don't see a difference. psrset -c "created processor set 2" 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10" psrset -b 2 `pgrep program.pl` Maybe... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: falloutsam
8 Replies

7. HP-UX

how can i know this processor quad or dual core ?

hi every body i want to know if i have server with hp-ux os if i did "machinfo" i will see no of cpu = for example 16 how can i know this is dual or quad core . thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
2 Replies

8. Solaris

does a cpu/memory board have a firmware ??

please help does a cpu/memory module have a firmware ?? and do i need to check it before install the cpu/memory module in the motherboard ?? thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bahjatm
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

No of CPU's and No of Core

I would like to understand how many number of CPUs and cores do I have on my server based on following out put.. Few observations... Please correct me if I am wrong Since Physical ID is same CPU is singe It has 8 virtual processors Hyper thrading is enabled since no of siblings are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parth_buch
1 Replies
core_addshmem_write(5)						File Formats Manual					    core_addshmem_write(5)

NAME
core_addshmem_write - determines the inclusion of read/write shared memory in process core dump VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values or DESCRIPTION
The tunable was added in response to a problem where a customer was limited in debugging a user-level process crash because shared memory segments were not written as part of the core file. Upon core dump, the sections of user memory labeled as shared read-write are written (along with the normal data sections) if this tunable is set to and left out if it is set to Who is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? When you wish to include read-write shared memory segments in user core files due to debugging needs by developers or maintainers on the system. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? User process core files would increase in most cases (most applications use at least some shared memory). This could be a problem on sys- tems where disk space is at a premium. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? When there is no need for debugging core files where shared memory corruption or data values are in question. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? Core files will tend to be smaller. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? Certainly think about which does the same thing for read-only shared memory segments. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters core_addshmem_write(5)