Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris add administrator user to system Post 302358410 by Acapulco on Friday 2nd of October 2009 12:21:32 PM
Old 10-02-2009
The only way I know of looking up groups is using the admintool. So try to look for it, and then you can search the group you want.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to add user on Embedded System

The directions below were provided by someone on the unslung mailing list. unslung is a linux OS for LinkSys's $100 NSLU2 NAS controller. I'm posting the query here because (1) I think it is really a generic linux/unix questions (2) I did not get a response in the unslung mailing list. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

I want to become a System Administrator

Has anyone got any advice on how I can get a job as a Unix/Solaris system administrator? My current job is supporting an application that runs on Solaris servers. I have very minimal Solaris/Unix skills but would like to expand on them with the aim of getting a junior sys admin role. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
4 Replies

3. AIX

Test 223: System p Administrator

Please may you help me with specific study packs, redbooks etc that may help me pass this certification. Also can you advise me the best AIX certification course as I am new to AIX, coming from solaris and networking environments. Thanx (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zim-Aix-Guru
10 Replies

4. Advertise with Us

Needed: Sr. System Administrator

Composite Software, Inc. is hiring! Sr. System Administrator Location: San Mateo, CA REQ: 10-22 Reports to: IT Manager Job Description Composite Software is hiring a full-time System Administrator. The system administrator will be responsible for installing,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Composite SW
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting for System Administrator

Hello All, If possible can anybody kindly let me know the good shell scripting book for system Administrator. Thanks & Regards, Vinay.K.S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay_ks
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Know your System Administrator

Couldn't resist: www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/know.your.sysadmin.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radoulov
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux System Administrator for a role in CH

Hi guys I hope I will not break any rules and guidelines on the forum with this post. I am Admir, working as a recruiter for execIT Recruitment Zurich, Switzerland. Our client is an urgent need of a linux system administrator/support analyst who has trading floor experience and is eligible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BosAd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Becoming a system administrator, need some advice.

I've been learning linux and solaris for the past couple months and have been thinking about seeking a systems admin career. Is it worth it to learn solaris? Do many companies really use it or is it a waste of my time? Would learning just linux be a better idea? I see there's more opportunity as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: austinramsay
2 Replies
GPASSWD(1)						      General Commands Manual							GPASSWD(1)

NAME
gpasswd - administer the /etc/group file SYNOPSIS
gpasswd group gpasswd -a user group gpasswd -d user group gpasswd -R group gpasswd -r group gpasswd [-A user,...] [-M user,...] group DESCRIPTION
gpasswd is used to administer the /etc/group file (and /etc/gshadow file if compiled with SHADOWGRP defined). Every group can have adminis- trators, members and a password. System administrator can use -A option to define group administrator(s) and -M option to define members and has all rights of group administrators and members. Group administrator can add and delete users using -a and -d options respectively. Administrators can use -r option to remove group pass- word. When no password is set only group members can use newgrp(1) to join the group. Option -R disables access to the group through new- grp(1) command. gpasswd called by a group administrator with group name only prompts for the group password. If password is set the members can still new- grp(1) without a password, non-members must supply the password. FILES
/etc/group - group information /etc/gshadow - shadow group information SEE ALSO
newgrp(1), groupadd(8), groupdel(8), groupmod(8), grpck(8) AUTHOR
Rafal Maszkowski <rzm@pdi.net> GPASSWD(1)