Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris add administrator user to system Post 302358410 by Acapulco on Friday 2nd of October 2009 12:21:32 PM
Old 10-02-2009
The only way I know of looking up groups is using the admintool. So try to look for it, and then you can search the group you want.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to add user on Embedded System

The directions below were provided by someone on the unslung mailing list. unslung is a linux OS for LinkSys's $100 NSLU2 NAS controller. I'm posting the query here because (1) I think it is really a generic linux/unix questions (2) I did not get a response in the unslung mailing list. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

I want to become a System Administrator

Has anyone got any advice on how I can get a job as a Unix/Solaris system administrator? My current job is supporting an application that runs on Solaris servers. I have very minimal Solaris/Unix skills but would like to expand on them with the aim of getting a junior sys admin role. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
4 Replies

3. AIX

Test 223: System p Administrator

Please may you help me with specific study packs, redbooks etc that may help me pass this certification. Also can you advise me the best AIX certification course as I am new to AIX, coming from solaris and networking environments. Thanx (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zim-Aix-Guru
10 Replies

4. Advertise with Us

Needed: Sr. System Administrator

Composite Software, Inc. is hiring! Sr. System Administrator Location: San Mateo, CA REQ: 10-22 Reports to: IT Manager Job Description Composite Software is hiring a full-time System Administrator. The system administrator will be responsible for installing,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Composite SW
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting for System Administrator

Hello All, If possible can anybody kindly let me know the good shell scripting book for system Administrator. Thanks & Regards, Vinay.K.S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay_ks
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Know your System Administrator

Couldn't resist: www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/know.your.sysadmin.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radoulov
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux System Administrator for a role in CH

Hi guys I hope I will not break any rules and guidelines on the forum with this post. I am Admir, working as a recruiter for execIT Recruitment Zurich, Switzerland. Our client is an urgent need of a linux system administrator/support analyst who has trading floor experience and is eligible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BosAd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Becoming a system administrator, need some advice.

I've been learning linux and solaris for the past couple months and have been thinking about seeking a systems admin career. Is it worth it to learn solaris? Do many companies really use it or is it a waste of my time? Would learning just linux be a better idea? I see there's more opportunity as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: austinramsay
2 Replies
GETGROUPLIST(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   GETGROUPLIST(3)

NAME
getgrouplist -- calculate group access list LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int getgrouplist(const char *name, gid_t basegid, gid_t *groups, int *ngroups); DESCRIPTION
The getgrouplist() function reads through the group file and calculates the group access list for the user specified in name. The basegid is automatically included in the groups list. Typically this value is given as the group number from the password file. The resulting group list is returned in the array pointed to by groups. The caller specifies the size of the groups array in the integer pointed to by ngroups; the actual number of groups found is returned in ngroups. RETURN VALUES
The getgrouplist() function returns 0 on success and -1 if the size of the group list is too small to hold all the user's groups. Here, the group array will be filled with as many groups as will fit. FILES
/etc/group group membership list SEE ALSO
setgroups(2), initgroups(3) HISTORY
The getgrouplist() function first appeared in 4.4BSD. BSD
October 26, 2014 BSD