Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mirroring Setup Step
Operating Systems Solaris Mirroring Setup Step Post 302358294 by SmartAntz on Friday 2nd of October 2009 03:42:10 AM
Old 10-02-2009
if i want to switch from ZFS to UFS
is it need to format the disk first before switch to UFS?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install of sco unix step by step

HI I am new to unix and need to install sco unix on a new server - could anybody help me with the steps I need to take - the hd is a 9gb scsi drive (pretty old machine) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: porikamu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

works step by step on command line but not in script

Hi all, The following script is fine when I work via command line m=1 c=0 while do echo $m gnokii --getsms IN $m > out.txt; m=`expr $m + 1`; cat out.txt >> message_log; ############ read first crap< <(sed -n '/Text:/{n;p;}' out.txt); read message< <(sed -n '/Text:/{n;p;}'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whamchaxed
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

looking for step by step emacs c++ debug tutorial

Hello all i was searching the net for simple but effective tutorial to show me how debug c++ in emacs with not much luck. im not new to unix but new to emacs , i looking for tutorial that shows how to debug ( if possible ) c++ programs . LIike IDE suppose to , break points step in/out variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

4. Linux

May you explain step by step where and how I will add pseudo code

Thank all of you. May you explain step by step where and how I will add pseudo code Note : I have Linux 2.6.24-26-server on x86_64 dears kindly help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nonowa
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Test shell script step by step?

Hi to all, I don't know if someone has done sometime a MS Excel Macro, that allows us to press F8 over the code to see step by step, to mention something, how is running the code, which values take the variables, if some loop is executing correct or where a error occurs, and some other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
7 Replies

6. Solaris

step step apache2 configuration doc

Hi Guys, does anyone know of a step by step guide on how configure apache2 web server in solaris 10? I will really appreciate it. Thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Slowly Removing Bold Font Style - Step-by-Step

FYI, I'm slowly removing a lot of the bold font-styles from titles of discussions, forum titles, etc I'm not removing bold for the entire site because we do need bold from time to time, especially in posts and sometimes in other places. However, the original forum style had way too much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
extendfs(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       extendfs(8)

NAME
extendfs - Extends UFS file systems SYNOPSIS
/sbin/extendfs [- s] [disk_blocks] device_name DESCRIPTION
Use the extendfs command to increase the storage space in a UFS file system. The file system must not be mounted when you perform this operation. To extend a mounted (in use) UFS file system, use the mount command with the -o extend option. The procedure for increasing the storage space of a UFS file system is as follows: Look at the contents the /etc/fstab file to identify the disk partition that maps to the file system. Ensure that there is available storage space on the target disk as follows: If LSM is in use on your system, use LSM commands to increase the size of the LSM volume as described in the Logical Storage Manager guide. If LSM is not in use on your system, use the disklabel command or the diskconfig graphical user interface to check the current size and use of partitions on the disk. If there is adequate space on an adjacent partition, use the disklabel command to write the current label to a file as fol- lows: # disklabel -r dsk4 > d4label Edit the disklabel file to change the size of the partition on which your UFS file system resides. Increase the number of disk blocks on the partition and decrease the disk block size of the adjacent partition by an equivalent number. Use the disklabel command with the -R option to write the revised label to the raw disk as follows: # disklabel -R /dev/rdisk/dsk4 d4label When the disk label is revised, extend the file system using the extendfs command. You can either use the full extent of the newly sized partition or extend the file system in stages. The following example commands show both methods. To extend the file system to use all the available space, you specify the disk partition on which the file system resides, as follows: # extendfs /dev/disk/dsk4g To extend the file system to use only part of the available space, you specify a number of disk blocks, as follows: # extendfs -s 300000 /dev/disk/dsk4g The remainder of the extended partion is reserved for future use. You can extend a file system as many times as necessary, up to the physical limit of the storage device. When no more space is available on the storage device, you must back up the file system using the dump command and restore the file system to a storage device that has more available space. Once you have extended a file system, the operation cannot be reversed except by a back up and restore operation. Use the dump command to back up the file system. You can then reset the partition sizes manually and restore the file system to the storage device. ERRORS
The disklabel command produces output similar to that of the newfs command. If a list of disk blocks is not displayed on the terminal, the command has failed. Verify the partition settings and the mount status of the target file system. The disklabel command does not permit you to overwrite a partition if it is in use. Refer to the disklabel(8) reference page for more information on label errors. FILES
Specifies the command path. RELATED INFORMATION
diskconfig(8), disklabel(8), mount(8), and fstab(4). extendfs(8)