Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users how to open a last modified file in a directory Post 302358239 by sunilk1303 on Thursday 1st of October 2009 07:05:15 PM
Old 10-01-2009
cat `ls -ltr | awk '{file=$9}END{print file}'`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to zip a modified file 15 days before but not scanning my sub directory files

I am using zip -m option to zip my files, but i dont want my sub directories files to be zipped (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skrish70
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retrieve original contents of a modified file (modified using vi)

Made changes to a file using vi editor and saved those changes now realised that the changes are not required How can I get the previous version of the file.i.e the one which was there on which I had made changes (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice100
3 Replies

3. Programming

libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

% locate Rmath /m/backup/backup/lib/R/include/Rmath.h /usr/lib/R/include/Rmath.h % gcc -g -o stand stand.c -I/usr/lib/R/include/ -lRmath -lm % ./stand ./stand: error while loading shared libraries: libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory What's the trouble... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the latest modified file name in /home directory?

I only know how to list all sub-directories or files in specified directory. I don't know how to order them by modified date, furthermore, I don't know how to get the top one file in the sorted list. Wish you can do me a favor. Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last modified time of the folder is changing when I view the file inside the directory

Hi., Last modified time of the folder is changing when I view the file inside the directory. Here is the test on sample directory. I believe that ls -l commands gives the time detail w.r.t last modified time. Pl. suggest. bash-3.2$ mkdir test bash-3.2$ cd test bash-3.2$ touch myfile.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IND123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

fatal: cannot open file `TNAME' for reading (No such file or directory)

Hi, I am running this command through a shell script and getting the error mentioned in the subject line: testing.awk -f x.txt TNAME My testing.awk file contains something like ++++++++++++++++++ #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN{ TAB_NAME="INSERT_ONE_" ARGV ; } if ( $1=="JAM_ONE" &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

to pick the latest file modified in a directory

I wan to pick the latest modified file name and redirect it to a file .. ls -tr | tail -1 >file but this is printing file ins side the filename , can anyone help me out (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot open [No such file or directory]

I am seeking help on one script that I created to celan up database audit files. The error returned is $./clean_audit.sh: /opt/oracle/logs/audit_clean.log: cannot open The same script is working on other 2 or 3 servers. But not working on other 4 servers. All servers are Oracle Linux. Here is... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
21 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find the latest modified file in a directory

I am trying to fetch the latest modified file from a directory using the command find . -type f -exec ls -lt \{\} \+ | head | awk '{print $9}' After the O/P, I get the below mentioned error and the command doesnt terminate at all. find: ls terminated by signal 13 find: ls terminated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help with listing file name and modified date on a huge directory

hi, We have a huge directory that ha 5.1 Million files in it. We are trying to get the file name and modified timestamp of the most recent 3 years from this huge directory for a migration project. However, the ls command (background process) to list the file names and timestamp is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbu
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)