Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using Perl Inside KSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using Perl Inside KSH Post 302358214 by adderek on Thursday 1st of October 2009 05:01:16 PM
Old 10-01-2009
Hint:
Code:
#!/bin/env ksh
/bin/env perl run_my_perl_script_that_does_everything_and_forget_about_shell.pl

Last edited by Franklin52; 10-02-2009 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: adding code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

formatting textfile inside ksh script using awk not working

I cannot seem to get this text file to format. Its as if the awk statement is being treated as a simple cat command. I manned awk and it was very confusing. I viewed previous posts on this board and I got the same results as with the the awk command statement shown here. Please help. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekline
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr inside a ksh script Solaris

Hi; If I do something like this. dftotalsize=0;export dftotalsize;df -k | grep \/db001 | awk '{print $4}' | while read theinput \ ; do export $theinput; dftotalsize=`expr $dftotalsize + $theinput`; export dftotalsize; echo $dftotalsize; done ; echo `expr $dftotalsize \/ 1024 \/ 1024 "GB" Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: myjess
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit statement ignored inside KSH function

Hi All, I have multiple functions in my script and I'm trying to capture stdout from some of them, but I also do some error checking in them (in the functions that output something to their stdout that needs capturing) and I need to be able to end the entire script with an error message. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkubok
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using telnet inside a ksh

Hello, i am trying to use telnet inside of a ksh script. i would like to do like the following: #!/bin/ksh ... user="user" hostname="hostname" telnet -l $user $hostname |& wait #end of the ksh and with this piece of code, i would like to telnet another machine, and let the user use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jidma
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting cntrl-c entered inside a ksh script

hi guys, my ksh script is calling another script. The other script expects user to press CNTR-C, and does not return to the prompt. in my script, I want to call the other script, but somehow don't want it to wait forever, I want to return to my script. e.g. script2.ksh outputs: "No... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call an sql script inside a while statement in KSH

Hi all, I'm trying to run an sql inside a loop which looks like this #!bin/ksh while IFS=, read var1 var2 do sqlplus -s ${USERNAME}/${PASSWORD}@${ORACLE_SID} << EOF insert into ${TABLE} ( appt_date ) values ( '${var1 }' ); ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryukishin_17
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH SHELL: problem calculation number of lines inside compressed file

Hi Gurus, I am working with a korn shell script to simplify some operations of calculation number of lines inside compressed file. The called function (inside a cycle) is the following: ######################################### # F.ne: CheckCount #########################################... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GERMANICO
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Sed to do a substitution inside ksh

I'm trying to do an ls from inside of a ksh script. I loop through the results one line at a time and attempt to do a substitution using sed to convert YYYYMMDD from the older files into the newer files. Basically sometimes the ETL load runs over midnight and half the files are off by one day... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Calbrenar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return value inside isql to a shell variable in ksh

Hello, I have a shell script where I am doing an isql to select some records. the result i get from the select statement is directed to an output file. I want to assign the result to a Shell variable so that I can use the retrieved in another routine. e.g. "isql -U${USER} -P${PASSWD} -S${SERVER}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RookieDev
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not working inside ksh script but works fine outside

Hi, I am a bit confused ,why would a sed command work fine outside of ksh script but not inside. e.g I want to replace all the characters which end with a value and have space at end of it. so my command for it is : sed -i "s/$SEPARATOR /$SEPARATOR/g" file_name This is working fine in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
8 Replies
LKSH(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   LKSH(1)

NAME
lksh -- Legacy Korn shell built on mksh SYNOPSIS
lksh [-+abCefhiklmnprUuvXx] [-+o opt] [-c string | -s | file [args ...]] DESCRIPTION
lksh is a command interpreter intended exclusively for running legacy shell scripts. It is built on mksh; refer to its manual page for details on the scripting language. It is recommended to port scripts to mksh instead of relying on legacy or idiotic POSIX-mandated behav- iour, since the MirBSD Korn Shell scripting language is much more consistent. LEGACY MODE
lksh has the following differences from mksh: o lksh is not suitable for use as /bin/sh. o There is no explicit support for interactive use, nor any command line editing or history code. Hence, lksh is not suitable as a user's login shell, either; use mksh instead. o The KSH_VERSION string identifies lksh as ``LEGACY KSH'' instead of ``MIRBSD KSH''. o lksh only offers the traditional ten file descriptors to scripts. o lksh uses POSIX arithmetics, which has quite a few implications: The data type for arithmetics is the host ISO C long data type. Signed integer wraparound is Undefined Behaviour. The sign of the result of a modulo operation with at least one negative operand is unspeci- fied. Shift operations on negative numbers are unspecified. Division of the largest negative number by -1 is Undefined Behaviour. The compiler is permitted to delete all data and crash the system if Undefined Behaviour occurs. o The rotation arithmetic operators are not available. o The shift arithmetic operators take all bits of the second operand into account; if they exceed permitted precision, the result is unspecified. o The GNU bash extension &> to redirect stdout and stderr in one go is not parsed. o The mksh command line option -T is not available. o Unless set -o posix is active, lksh always uses traditional mode for constructs like: $ set -- $(getopt ab:c "$@") $ echo $? POSIX mandates this to show 0, but traditional mode passes through the errorlevel from the getopt(1) command. o lksh, unlike AT&T UNIX ksh, does not keep file descriptors > 2 private. SEE ALSO
mksh(1) https://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm https://www.mirbsd.org/ksh-chan.htm CAVEATS
lksh tries to make a cross between a legacy bourne/posix compatibl-ish shell and a legacy pdksh-alike but ``legacy'' is not exactly speci- fied. The set built-in command does not have all options one would expect from a full-blown mksh or pdksh. Talk to the MirOS development team using the mailing list at <miros-mksh@mirbsd.org> or the #!/bin/mksh (or #ksh) IRC channel at irc.freenode.net (Port 6697 SSL, 6667 unencrypted) if you need any further quirks or assistance, and consider migrating your legacy scripts to work with mksh instead of requiring lksh. MirBSD May 2, 2013 MirBSD