Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Increase sed performance
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Increase sed performance Post 302358136 by ripat on Thursday 1st of October 2009 12:05:48 PM
Old 10-01-2009
Code:
 awk 'NR==FNR{a[substr($0,1,1)]=substr($0,2,1);next}a[$0]{printf "%s%s\n",$0,a[$0]}' file2 file1

---------- Post updated at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:59 PM ----------

And if your awk version accepts empty FS:
Code:
 awk -v FS="" -v OFS="" 'NR==FNR{a[$1]=$2;next}a[$0]{print $0,a[$0]}' file2 file1

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to increase fs

hi, i installed solaris 9 on my v240 server on 36gb disk. here are the ouputs of the df -h command: # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 9.6G 3.4G 6.1G 36% / /proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc mnttab ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xuc_xich_duc
6 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Announcing collectl - new performance linux performance monitor

About 4 years ago I wrote this tool inspired by Rob Urban's collect tool for DEC's Tru64 Unix. What makes this tool as different as collect was in its day is its ability to run at a low overhead and collect tons of stuff. I've expanded the general concept and even include data not available in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed performance

hello experts, i am trying to replace a line in a 100+mb text file. the structure is similar to the passwd file, id:value1:value2 and so on. using the sed command sed -i 's/\(123\):\(\{1,\}\):/\1:bar:/' data.txt works nicely, the line "123:foo:" is replaced by "123:bar:". however, it takes... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: f3k
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase Performance

I have written a code using AWK & sed to compare two files. The structure of the files is like this" Format is this: <bit code> <file code> <string> Follwoed by any numbers of properties lines whic start with a "space" 10101010101111101 XX abcd a AS sasa BS kkk 1110000101010110 XX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_hi
1 Replies

5. AIX

How can I increase a PV?

Hi, I have a 10GB iSCSI LUN attached to an AIX 5.3 system. I increased the LUN to 15GB, but the system is still showing 10GB as the Total Size. How can I get the OS to see the extra space? Do I have to reboot the system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / grep / for statement performance - please help

I'm searching the most effective way of doing the following task, so if someone can either provide a working solution with sed or one totally different but more effective then what I've got so far then please go ahead! The debugme directory has 3 subdirectorys and each of them has one .txt file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance analysis sed vs awk

Hi Guys, I've wondered for some time the performance analysis between using sed and awk. say i want to print lines from a very large file. For ex say a file with 100,000 records. i want to print the lines 25,000 to 26,000 i can do so by the following commands: sed -n '25000,26000 p'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using = with sed to increase sequence count

I have a fasta file like this one: >ID1 AAAAAA >ID2 TTTTTT And I am using this sed script to increase the count sequence sed '/^>/s/.*//;/^$/=;/^$/d' text.txt | sed 's/.*/echo ">seq" \$(( ( & + 1 )\/2 ))/e' I get the desired output: >seq 1 AAAAAA >seq 2 TTTTTT However, this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase the performance of find command.

I'm trying to exclude 'BACKUP', 'STORE', 'LOGGER' folders while searching for all files under a directory "/tmp/moht" Once a file is found I wish to display the filename, the size of the file & the cksum value. Below is the command, I'm using: /opt/freeware/bin/find /tmp/moht -type d -name... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
h5diff(1)						      General Commands Manual							 h5diff(1)

NAME
h5diff - Compares two HDF5 files and reports the differences. SYNOPSIS
h5diff file1 file2 [OPTIONS] [object1 [object2 ] ] DESCRIPTION
h5diff is a command line tool that compares two HDF5 files, file1 and file2, and reports the differences between them. Optionally, h5diff will compare two objects within these files. If only one object, object1, is specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object1 in file2. In two objects, object1 and object2, are specified, h5diff will compare object1 in file1 with object2 in file2. These objects must be HDF5 datasets. object1 and object2 must be expressed as absolute paths from the respective file's root group. Additional information, with several sample cases, can be found in the document H5diff Examples. OPTIONS
file1 file2 The HDF5 files to be compared. -h Print all differences. -r Print only the names of objects that differ; do not print the differences. These objects may be HDF5 datasets, groups, or named datatypes. -n count Print difference up to count differences, then stop. count must be a positive integer. -d delta Print only differences that are greater than the limit delta. delta must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference of two corresponding values is greater than delta (e.g., |a-b| > delta, where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). -p relative Print only differences that are greater than a relative error. relative must be a positive number. The comparison criterion is whether the absolute value of the difference 1 and the ratio of two corresponding values is greater than relative (e.g., |1-(b/a)| > relative where a is a value in file1 and b is a value in file2). object1 object2 Specific object(s) within the files to be compared. EXAMPLES
The following h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the object /a/c in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b /a/c This h5diff call compares the object /a/b in file1 with the same object in file2: h5diff file1 file2 /a/b And this h5diff call compares all objects in both files: h5diff file1 file2 SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5repart(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1) h5diff(1)