Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support solaris or linux sftp/ftp-server Post 302358130 by vbe on Thursday 1st of October 2009 11:48:54 AM
Old 10-01-2009
Anything else being "slowed" down?
(FIN_WAIT type issue?)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux ftp server

I have taken an old Pentium-75 Compaq with 32Mb memory, formatted the hard drive, and loaded Redhat 5.2 on it. All I really want is an ftp server to allow vendors to download files from it as they need them. I was told that these old pentiums with little memory would work well with Linux. The ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP vs FTP and going UNIX to LINUX

I have automated an ftp process that FTP's files from one UNIX box to another in the following format: ftp -n -v $REMOTE_SERV << EOF user $FTP_USER $FTP_PASS cd $REMOTE_PATH put $CUR_NAME $NEW_NAME bye But how can I accomplish this SFTPing from a UNIX box to a LINUX box? I've seen... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimBurke
4 Replies

3. Solaris

FTP Server on Solaris

Hi, For past couple of years I have managed FTP Server requirement in my org by configuring default ftp server that comes with Solaris. I am evaluating new 3rd party ftp server that runs on Solaris/Linux. I have zeroed down on jscape FTP server which works both on Solaris/Linux as per... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: menonk
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SFTP and FTP to transfer data from One Remote Server To Another

HI I need to write a script in 415univ server which should go to 534unix server and move the files from there to windows server. I am not able to get it bcoz sftp prompt is not allowing ftp command. Can some one plz help me Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer files from linux server to windows using secure ftp (sftp)

HI, I have to transfer files from linux server to windows using secure ftp (sftp) .Kindly help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manushi88
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to transfer files from UNIX server to windows machine or vice versa using ftp or sftp commands?

hi, i want to write a shell script code which transfers files from a directory in unix server to a directory in a windows machine.. can any1 give me a sample code which uses ftp or sftp command.. thanks very much, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing from FTP to SFTP server

Hi everyone, I am having problems with changing a script (originally it is used to transfer file from an FTP server to another place). Now the company change the FTP to SFTP server, so I need to change the script accordingly. Basically, I have trouble with the log in authentication, here is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: warmboy610
4 Replies

8. Linux

SFTP files to a server from Linux.

Hi, I am looking for a shell script to sftp to a file server and copy all the files from a directory after the script is run. The server name should be a user input parameter and of-course the username/password as well. Rest all should be handled by the script. I tried with below snippet:- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happysingh
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to ftp or sftp from workplace to UNIX server?

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to ftp or sftp from workplace to unix server? i tried ftp user/pass but it says "command not found" i tried sftp user@localhost i can't connect. Please advise, Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp,[put] all files that are .csv to server. Linux Ubuntu

Hello all, I am trying to sftp files to a server, I am using keys as authentication and I can connect with no problems. I can also put a sample file on the server. When I tried to automate this process with a .sh file I get the "couldn't canonicalize: Failure". This is my script: sftp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidKoder
5 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_ISSUE(8)