Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users fetch dates for last 36 days in format yyyy-mm-dd Post 302358097 by pavan_test on Thursday 1st of October 2009 11:06:36 AM
Old 10-01-2009
fetch dates for last 36 days in format yyyy-mm-dd

can anyone please suggest me some ideas for writing a korn shell script which will go back to 36 days from current day and print each day (incremented by 1) in the format yyyy-mm-dd until the current day.

Thanks
Mark

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to generate all the dates in DDMMYY format between 2 dates

Hello friends, I am looking for a script or method that can display all the dates between any 2 given dates. Input: Date 1 290109 Date 2 010209 Output: 300109 310109 Please help me. Thanks. :):confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date difference between 2 dates in 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss' format

Hi all, I know this may have already been asked but hey ho... i have two dates in the 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss' format. '2009-01-03 01:00:00' '2009-04-05 00:00:00' How can i, in shell script determine their differences? Please note, the time may not be available, so please suggest both... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: zero-padding dates (or: convert d/m/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy)

Hi all I have some pipe-separated data in the form: 5/12/2008 00:00:00|31/1/2009 00:00:00|SOMESTUFF|OTHERSTUFF 12/31/2008 00:00:00|15/1/2009 00:00:00|MORESTUFF|REMAININGSTUFF 1/1/1023 00:00:00|16/5/2047 00:00:00|THEREST|YETMORE I need to zero-pad the single-digit days and months, using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change date format from yyyy/mm/dd to dd/mm/yyyy

(Attention: Green PHP newbie !) I have an online inquiry form, delivering a date in the form yyyy/mm/dd to my feedback form. If the content passes several checks, the form sends an e-mail to me. All works fine. I just would like to receive the date in the form dd/mm/yyyy. I tried with some code,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyboarder
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need date in the format [mm dd yyyy hh AM/PM]

could you please help be on the below code .. Requirement is when i pass the parameter(for below 2) i should get current time -2 hours in the format :wall:.. cur_dt=`$ICEBIN/sqsh -S$DSQUERY -U $BATCHID -P $PASSWD -h -C"select getdate()" | sed '2d'` pr_dt="`$ICEBIN/sqsh -S$DSQUERY -U $BATCHID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthicss
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

age in months for yyyy-mm-dd format

Hi, I am trying to write a sh script which will give difference in given time to present time in months. I get date from a script like infoscript.sh | awk '{ print $3}' where infoscript is a custom script and gives date in yyyy-mm-dd format ex: 2010-04-12 Now, need to do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rider29
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch data between two dates from a file

Hi All, I m new to this forum & UNix too. currently i have a requirement which can fetch data from a logfile between two dates or timestamp. for example: 1. data from 2012 Jun to 2012 Jul 2. data from 2012 Jun to 2012 Jul 07 3. data from 2012 Jun 16 10:20 to 2012 Jul 03 10:10 Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Format MM/DD/YYYY

I am changing epoch times to dates. I was able to do the following: echo "$varx" | gawk '{print strftime("%c", $0)}' Mon Dec 31 16:26:40 2012 This changes the epoch date (which is what varx is) into localtime. However, my problem is that I only want 12/31/2012 and not the Mon Dec 31... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the last two days directory names and rename them

Hi All, I have below directory structure and from these directories, I would like to fetch the last two days list of directories and append a '0' (zero) to those directories. bash-4.1$ ls -lrt total 32 drwxr-xr-x+ 6 root root 9 Sep 5 01:05 tested-597 drwxr-xr-x+ 6 root root 9 Sep 9... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibad_urs
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format YYYY/MM/DD to DD/MM/YYYY

I am getting output of YYYY-MM-DD and want to change this to DD/MM/YYYY. When am running the query in 'Todd' to_date(column_name,'DD/MM/YYYY') am getting the required o/p of DD/MM/YYYY, But when am executing the same query(Netezza) in linux server(bash) am getting the output of YYYY-MM-DD file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies
NNGOBACK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       NNGOBACK(1)

NAME
nngoback - make news articles unread on a day-by-day basis (nn) SYNOPSIS
nngoback [ -NQvi ] [-d] days [ group ]... DESCRIPTION
nngoback will rewind the .newsrc record file of nn(1) one or more days. It can be used to rewind all groups, or only a specified set of groups. In other words, nngoback can mark news articles which have arrived on the system during the last days days unread. Only subscribed groups that occur in the current presentation sequence are rewound. That means that if no group arguments are specified, all groups occurring in the sequence defined in the init file will be rewound. Otherwise, only the groups specified on the argument line will be rewound. When a group is rewound, the information about selections, partially read digests etc. are discarded. It will print notifications about this unless the -Q (quiet) option is used. If the -i (interactive) option is specified, nngoback will report for each how many articles can be marked unread, and ask for confirmation before going back in that group. If the -v (verbose) option is specified, nngoback will report how many articles are marked unread. If the -N (no-update) option is specified, nngoback will perform the entire goback operation, but not update the .newsrc file. If you are not up-to-date with your news reading, you can also use nngoback to catch up to only have the last few days of news waiting to be read in the following way: nn -a0 nngoback 3 The nn command will mark all articles in all groups as read (answer all to the catch-up question.) The following nngoback will then make the last three days of news unread again. Examples: nngoback 0 Mark the articles which have arrived today as unread. nngoback 1 Mark the articles which have arrived yesterday and today as unread. nngoback 6 Mark the articles which have arrived during the last week as unread. You cannot go more than 14 days back with nngoback. (You can change this limit as described below.) THE BACK_ACT DAEMON It is a prerequisite for the use of nngoback that the script back_act is executed at an appropriate time once (and only once) every day. Preferably this is done by cron right before the bacth of news for `today' is received. back_act will maintain copies of the active file for the last 14 days. Optionally, the back_act program accepts a single numerical argument specifying how many copies of the active file it should maintain. This is useful if news is expired after 7 days, in which case keeping more than 7 days of active file copies is wasteful. FILES
~/.newsrc The record of read articles. ~/.newsrc.goback The original rc file before goback. $db/active.N The N days `old' active file. $master/back_act Script run by cron to maintain old active files. SEE ALSO
nn(1), nncheck(1), nngrab(1), nngrep(1), nnpost(1), nntidy(1) nnadmin(1M), nnusage(1M), nnmaster(8) NOTES
nngoback does not check the age of the `old' active files; it will blindly believe that active.0 was created today, and that active.7 is really seven days old! Therefore, the back_act script should be run once and only once every day for nngoback to work properly. The days are counted relative to the time the active files were copied. AUTHOR
Kim F. Storm, Texas Instruments A/S, Denmark E-mail: storm@texas.dk 4th Berkeley Distribution Release 6.6 NNGOBACK(1)