Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hmc uptime
Operating Systems AIX Hmc uptime Post 302357999 by kalaso on Thursday 1st of October 2009 05:46:01 AM
Old 10-01-2009
I will check.

But HMC is a stupid unix system, in the HMC 4-5 version I can get root command promt but in the 6 is not working. Smilie

Have you an idea? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uptime

Hi Folks uptime 12:24pm up 2 days, 3:12, 4 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 what does the load average figure mean.. regards Hrishy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting uptime

I'm trying to get the uptime of my computer (Mac OS X) and I can go into the terminal and type "uptime" OK, and that gives me a string with the uptime in it. The problem is that the string changes a lot, and its very difficult to get the data I'm trying to extract out cleanly. Now I have 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freefall
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uptime

On HP-UX, the 13th argument of uptime is sometime the load and sometime the word AVERAGE:??? 14 Jun 06 5:00pm up 44 days, 54 mins, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.03 14 Jun 06 5:15pm up 44 days, 1:09, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.01 When the time is in minutes, then the load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qfwfq
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uptime

hello folks! how can I display just the uptime without the current time, the word "up", and the load averages using the uptime command or some other command I do not know about? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: MastaFue
13 Replies

5. AIX

HMC uptime

Hey guys!! Was tring to figure out how to find the uptime of an HMC? Any clue Bala (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process Uptime

Hi, I need some help about a script i need to write. I want to check , if some specific process, are running since 2 hours. I tried to use a loop , grep my pid and use find -ctime on /proc directory, to list what i need. for i in `ps -ef |grep process |grep -v grep|awk '{print $2}'`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rokerij
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

We have uptime but is there a starttime?

Hi gurus, Is it possible to get the time on when the server was re-started or does the output from who -b is the answer to my question? UNIX flavour is Solaris. The uptime command gives information on how long the server has been up but I want to know when the server was started. The output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the uptime from the output of the uptime command

Hi! I want to extract the uptime from the output of the uptime command. The output: 11:53 up 3:02, 2 users, load averages: 0,32 0,34 0,43 I just need the "3:02" part. How can I do this? Dirk (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk Einecke
6 Replies

9. Programming

How to get uptime in miliseconds ?

I need to get, in my application, in different methods, the uptime of the system in milliseconds. time() - returns only seconds. /proc/uptime - returns the seconds + a truncated milliseconds value, but it need to be parsed to extract data and convert it to milliseconds Any other suggestions ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pufo
6 Replies

10. War Stories

Once upon an uptime.

Hi All, Having recently started a new job, a Data Center Migration in fact I have been tasked with looking at some of the older Solaris boxes when I came across this little gem. nismas# uname -a SunOS nismas 5.5.1 Generic_103640-27 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1 nismas# uptime 10:37am up 2900... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
PIVOT_ROOT(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     PIVOT_ROOT(2)

NAME
pivot_root - change the root file system SYNOPSIS
int pivot_root(const char *new_root, const char *put_old); Note: There is no glibc wrapper for this system call; see NOTES. DESCRIPTION
pivot_root() moves the root file system of the calling process to the directory put_old and makes new_root the new root file system of the calling process. The typical use of pivot_root() is during system startup, when the system mounts a temporary root file system (e.g., an initrd), then mounts the real root file system, and eventually turns the latter into the current root of all relevant processes or threads. pivot_root() may or may not change the current root and the current working directory of any processes or threads which use the old root directory. The caller of pivot_root() must ensure that processes with root or current working directory at the old root operate correctly in either case. An easy way to ensure this is to change their root and current working directory to new_root before invoking pivot_root(). The paragraph above is intentionally vague because the implementation of pivot_root() may change in the future. At the time of writing, pivot_root() changes root and current working directory of each process or thread to new_root if they point to the old root directory. This is necessary in order to prevent kernel threads from keeping the old root directory busy with their root and current working direc- tory, even if they never access the file system in any way. In the future, there may be a mechanism for kernel threads to explicitly relinquish any access to the file system, such that this fairly intrusive mechanism can be removed from pivot_root(). Note that this also applies to the calling process: pivot_root() may or may not affect its current working directory. It is therefore rec- ommended to call chdir("/") immediately after pivot_root(). The following restrictions apply to new_root and put_old: - They must be directories. - new_root and put_old must not be on the same file system as the current root. - put_old must be underneath new_root, that is, adding a nonzero number of /.. to the string pointed to by put_old must yield the same directory as new_root. - No other file system may be mounted on put_old. See also pivot_root(8) for additional usage examples. If the current root is not a mount point (e.g., after chroot(2) or pivot_root(), see also below), not the old root directory, but the mount point of that file system is mounted on put_old. new_root does not have to be a mount point. In this case, /proc/mounts will show the mount point of the file system containing new_root as root (/). RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
pivot_root() may return (in errno) any of the errors returned by stat(2). Additionally, it may return: EBUSY new_root or put_old are on the current root file system, or a file system is already mounted on put_old. EINVAL put_old is not underneath new_root. ENOTDIR new_root or put_old is not a directory. EPERM The calling process does not have the CAP_SYS_ADMIN capability. VERSIONS
pivot_root() was introduced in Linux 2.3.41. CONFORMING TO
pivot_root() is Linux-specific and hence is not portable. NOTES
Glibc does not provide a wrapper for this system call; call it using syscall(2). BUGS
pivot_root() should not have to change root and current working directory of all other processes in the system. Some of the more obscure uses of pivot_root() may quickly lead to insanity. SEE ALSO
chdir(2), chroot(2), stat(2), initrd(4), pivot_root(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2012-07-13 PIVOT_ROOT(2)