Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: minimum number of unique key
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting minimum number of unique key Post 302357861 by repinementer on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 09:23:02 PM
Old 09-30-2009
could any one explain ripat code plz
thanx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory Inode Number Not Unique

Hi, I know that inode for each file is unique, but is it the for the directory? So far I found different directories has the same inode nubmer when you do ls -i, could some one explain why? Thanks a lot. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj302
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unique number for a date

Hello, In korn-shell, how can I do to have an unique number for a date done. I want to use it to have the number of days between two dates. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

display unique number

Hi, how i can display all the unique number from my random number script below; #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; my @alphanum = ( 'A' .. 'Z', 'a' .. 'z', 0 .. 9); my $random = join('', map($alphanum,(1..5))); print "$random\n"; Thank You. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malaysoul
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh scripting: Extract 1 most recent record for unique key

I'm loading multiple delimited files into an Oracle DB using sqlldr on Unix. I would like to get only the most recent record per each unique key. There may be multiple updates for each key, but I only want the most recent one. There is a date column in my delimited files, so I'm using cat to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OPTIMUS_prime
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find Unique not used Number

Wrote a script to create a hidden account in OS X. It works perfect but I need to check if the UID is already in use before I tried to create the account. dscl . list /Users UniqueID | awk '{print $2}' | while read UIDS do if ; then echo "UID Is Already in USE" i=`expr "$2" - 1` echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the minimum number

Input 10 8 20 8 10 9 20 9 10 12 20 19 10 10 20 40 Output1 10 8 2 20 8 12 10 9 1 20 9 11 10 12 -2 20 19 1 10 10 0 20 40 -20 Output2 10 9 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
0 Replies

7. Linux

What is the minimum number of partitions you need to install Linux?

I think its 3. Just to know if I am correct. / /boot swap :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin09
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - match files containing minimum number of pattern matches

I want to search a bunch of files and list only those containing a minimum number of pattern matches. So if I want to identify files containing 3 (or more) instances of the pattern "said:" and I have file1 that contains the lines: He said: She said: and file2 that contains the lines: He... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Absolute minimum value of a number using awk

Hi, I have got a file in the following format: 4300 23695 4305 03591 4400 125368 I need to sort this file to find the minimum absolute value of the numbers starting from 6th pos, so the expected output is:- 4300 23569 4305 01359 4400 123568 I tried to cut out the file from 6th... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy121
7 Replies

10. Programming

Unique Number Identifying

I'm trying to solve the below problem for a number: Enter a number and if it has all unique digits print unique number else non-unique number. Eg: Input=123; Output=unique number Input=112; Output=Non-unique number The thing i tried is splitting the number into digits by using % operator... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
2 Replies
diction(1)						      General Commands Manual							diction(1)

NAME
diction, explain, suggest - Prints wordy sentences and looks them up in an interactive thesaurus. SYNOPSIS
diction [-fpattern_file] [-k] [-ma] [-me] [-ml] [-ms] [-n] [file...] explain suggest The diction command finds all sentences in an English language document that contain phrases from a database of bad or wordy diction. The explain command is an interactive thesaurus for the English language phrases found by the diction command and only for those phrases. The diction command reads from standard in if no file operand is provided. The suggest command is a synonym for explain. OPTIONS
Names a user-created pattern file to be used in addition to the default file. Passes the -k option to the deroff command. The -k option keeps blocks of text specified nroff by requests or macros; for example, the request. Passes the -ma option to deroff. The -ma option interprets nroff man macros only. Overrides the default nroff -ms macro package. Causes deroff to skip lists; should be used if a docu- ment contains many lists of nonsentences. Overrides the default nroff -ms macro package. Suppresses use of the default file (used with -f). Only the user-created pattern file is used. DESCRIPTION
Each phrase found by the diction command is enclosed in [ ] (brackets). Because diction runs deroff before looking at the text, include formatting header files as part of the input. Before using the explain command, use the diction command to obtain a list of poorly worded phrases. When you use the explain command, the system prompts you for a phrase and responds with a grammatically acceptable alternative. You can continue typing phrases, or you can exit by pressing the End-of-File key sequence. The explain command can also take input redirected from a file. No other command line arguments are valid. NOTES
Use of nonstandard formatting macros may cause incorrect sentence breaks. In particular, diction does not understand -me. FILES
Default pattern file. Thesaurus used by the explain command. SEE ALSO
Commands: deroff(1), nroff(1) diction(1)