Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMTP Settings
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat SMTP Settings Post 302357839 by Scott on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 06:46:29 PM
Old 09-30-2009
Can you send a mail to the mailbox?

When Yes, then it's configured.

When No, post some more info about your configuration...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smtp

Hi All, I am running an email server on a Linux machine. My goal is to set up in a way that I can use pop3 to retrieve mail from a Windows machine using Outlook. Now I can download the messages from the Linux email server, however I can not send out messages. I encounter this error: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

SMTP mail

I want to send e-mail from my yahoo account. But mail -s "title" *@yahoo.com < line.txt is from my local address to *@yahoo.com. How can i do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Euler04
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

SMTP with sendmail

Hi, I have a solaris 9 box, and 2 domains A.com and B.net. the machine is on B.net. I am not able to send emails to @A.com using mail or mailx. after reading on sendmail, there was something about relaying and editing the file /etc/mail/relay-domains. Please let me know if this is what i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

4. Programming

C Smtp

how do you send a ".\n" in a smtp client? >354 Send message, end with <CRLF>.<CRLF> >. > i have already issued a "./n" but it doesnt work. please help. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grotesque
1 Replies

5. Solaris

SMTP Configuration

Hello everyone, I've got this Java script which needs to know the SMTP host in order to send out mails from a particular mail ID. But I have no idea how or what to configure in SMTP for getting this code up and running.(All I know is SMTP=Simple Mail Transfer Protocol). I'm using Solaris 5.8.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajat
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smtp

Hi All, I have a unix box which is in a network with windows machine, I am able to send the mails to the user id's with in the unix box. I dont have Internet connection for this box, so I am not able to test if it can send mails to external network or not? I want to know, if SMTP is already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balu_puttaganti
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

SMTP and NTLM

Hi, I have a HP Unix from which I'm trying to connect to an email server through telnet and test sending emails using commands. Why am I doing that is not important. The email server is an Exchange server and it looks like that the only Authentication method it supports is NTLM. The host name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gheibia
0 Replies

8. Linux

SMTP issue

HI, I am having an issue with the mail. I had certain scripts who used to send mails. now i am not getting the mails as usual. need help to track the issue and resolve. mailx -s "Testing for details" xxx@yyy.zzz above code is used for mailing. can yoou please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyniladri
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configuring smtp settings and then sending the mail through shell script

I have make an menu in which first option is to start and second is to stop the services echo "Please enter the appropriate choice for doing the operations" echo " 1) STOP Services 2) START Services case $choice in 1) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

10. Solaris

SMTP Service

Guys, How can i check the mailx command will wor on my system or not. The OS is Sun Solaris 5.10. Or how can i come to know whether SMTP service is activated in Sun Solaris OS or not. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
1 Replies
IPURGE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 IPURGE(8)

NAME
ipurge - delete mail from IMAP mailbox or partition based on age or size SYNOPSIS
ipurge [ -f ] [ -C config-file ] [ -x ] [ -X ] [ -i ] [ -s ] [ -o ] [ -d days | -b bytes | -k Kbytes | -m Mbytes ] [ mailbox-pattern... ] DESCRIPTION
Ipurge deletes messages from the mailbox(es) specified by mailbox-pattern that are older or larger than specified by the -d, -b, -k or -m options. If no mailbox-pattern is given, ipurge works on all mailboxes. If the -x option is given, the message age and size MUST match exactly those specified by -d, -b, -k or -m. The are no default values, and at least one of -d, -b, -k or -m MUST be specified. Ipurge by default only deletes mail below shared folders, which means that mails in mailbox(es) below INBOX.* and user.* stay untouched. Use the option -f to also delete mail in mailbox(es) below these folders. Ipurge reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-f Force deletion of mail in all mailboxes. -C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -d days Age of message in days. -b bytes Size of message in bytes. -k Kbytes Size of message in Kbytes (2^10 bytes). -m Mbytes Size of message in Mbytes (2^20 bytes). -x Perform an exact match on age or size (instead of older or larger). -X Use delivery time instead of Date: header for date matches -i Invert match logic: -x means not equal, date is for newer, size is for smaller -s Skip over messages that have the Flagged flag set. -o Only purge messages that have the Deleted flag set. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf CMU
Project Cyrus IPURGE(8)