Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML file parsing using script Post 302357729 by zmfcat1 on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 12:33:05 PM
Old 09-30-2009
So if I do this I do not need to split the string? Using this method does it replacing the target with the string (with spaces), can you explain the sed command? Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and getting data from XML file using ksh script

Hi All, I have a xml file for example as described below <xml> <address> <street><street> <address/> <isbn>426728783932020308393930303</isbn> <book> <name> </name> </book> . . . </xml> My problem is to get the isbn number from the above described file using ksh script. Could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinna
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using Shell Script

Hello, I'm a starting shell scripter and no Perl knowledge. I've trying to do this for a while: I want to parse an XML file and get certain data out of it and write that data into a CSV file, all this using Shell Scripting (in Bash). Or Perl without any XML Parser/Interpreter (if possible). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kage Musha
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help parsing a XML file ....

Well I have read several threads on the subject ... but being a newbie like me makes it hard to understand ... What I need is the following: Input data: ------- snip --------- <FavouriteLocations> <FavouriteLocations class="FavouriteList"><Item... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: misak
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing xml file

hi guys, great help to the original question, can i expand please? i have large files filled with blocks like this <Placemark> network type: hot line1 line2 line3 <styleUrl>red.png</styleUrl> </Placemark> <Placemark> network type: cold line1 line2 line3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garvald
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing in a shell script.

Below is a XML I have... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <component xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:XXXXX-www-Install-Manifest manifest.xsd" xmlns="urn:qqqqq-Install-Manifest" name="OM" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing using shell script

I have a xml file like this <bul:collectionStrategy name="strategy1"> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="15min group"/> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group"/> </bul:collectionStrategy> <bul:CollectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group" > ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using shell script

Well, issue is i have to parse this script to get the VERSION: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations</key> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorosinister
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing XML file

I want to parse xml file sample file....... <name locale="en">my_name<>/name><lastChanged>somedate</lastChanged><some more code here> <name locale="en">tablename1<>/name><lastChanged>somedate</lastChanged> <definition><dbquery><sources><sql type="cognos">select * from... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ms2001
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing xml file

Hi, Need help with parsing xml data in unix and place it in a csv file. My xml file looks like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> <iwgroups> <nextid value="128"> </nextid> <iwgroup name="RXapproval" id="124" display-name="RXapproval"... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
11 Replies
XML(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  XML(3pm)

NAME
CGI::XML - Perl extension for converting CGI.pm variables to/from XML SYNOPSIS
use CGI::XML; $q = new CGI::XML; # convert CGI.pm variables to XML $xml = $q->toXML; $xml = $q->toXML($root); # convert XML to CGI.pm variables $q->toCGI($xml); DESCRIPTION
The CGI::XML module converts CGI.pm variables to XML and vice versa. CGI::XML is a subclass of CGI.pm, so it reads the CGI variables just as CGI.pm would. METHODS
$q = new CGI::XML creates a new instance of CGI::XML. You also have access to all of the methods in CGI.pm. $q->toXML([$root]) where $root is an optional parameter that specifies the root element. By default, toXML will not return a root element. $q->toCGI($xml) where $xml is the XML you would like to convert to CGI.pm parameters. Values in the XML will overwrite any existing values if they exist. NOTE
CGI::XML does not currently handle multiple selections passed from HTML forms. This will be added in a future release. AUTHOR
Jonathan Eisenzopf <eisen@pobox.com> CONTRIBUTORS
David Black <dblack@candle.superlink.net> SEE ALSO
perl(1), XML::Parser(3). perl v5.8.8 2004-12-05 XML(3pm)