Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting egrep string except when preceded by underscore Post 302357704 by danmauer on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 11:58:22 AM
Old 09-30-2009
egrep string except when preceded by underscore

having trouble with this seemingly simple taks.. Smilie

Test data:

Quote:
${DB2HOME}/load_${Gmdsschema}.crnt_rgn_trunc_${SYS_FILE_DATE}
replace into ${Gmdsschema}.crnt_rgn
${Gmdsschema}.crnt_rgn
${DB2HOME}/load_${Gmdsschema}.crnt ${Gmdsschema}.base_rgn
we want to keep lines 2,3 & 4

-- want to exclude when ${.*schema} is preceded with an underscore; Valid {.*schema} should always be preceded spaces or be found at the beginning of a line.

Code:

egrep "[^_][$]{.*schema}\."

I would like to thank whomever looks at this in advance for your time .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep cheat sheet anywhere? Looking for meaning of egrep -c

Hi I've been searching google and have not found what egrep -c means. Does anyone know where I can get a cheat sheet or what that -c means? thanks, Linda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leelm
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with underscore in variable name

can you help please. variable 1 = TODAY=`date +"%Y%m%d"` i.e. echo $TODAY 20080407 DB=GERMANY echo $DB GERMANY echo $DB.$TODAY GERMANY.20080407 echo $DB.$TODAY_1.dmp GERMANY..dmp (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkie
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search ")" with egrep - egrep: syntax error

Hi Guys, we have a shell script which basically query the Database which retrieves huge data and use the data with "egrep" . Now there is some data which contains characters like "abc)" and the same is used like below : "egrep (.+\|GDPRAB16\|GDPR/11702 96 abc)\|$ temp.txt" now while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

allow only alphnumeric entry and an underscore

I am taking an user input which should only be an alphanumeric character or an underscore. How to i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh function getopts get leading underscore unless preceded by hyphen

If I call my function with grouped options: "logm -TDIWEFO 'message' ", then only the "T" gets parsed correctly. The subsequent values returned have underscores prefixed to the value: "_D", "_I", etc. If I "logm -T -DIWEFO 'message' ", the "T" and the "D" are OK, but "I" through "O" get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchriste
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

google search changes with an underscore

How does adding an underscore change a google search? I was searching for John Elway and got different results with and without an unscore. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect language separating two string connected by _(underscore)

Hi Folks, Anybody has an idea how to split string based on separator _ (underscore) in Expect programming language? e.g.if string is scmid1_scmid2 , i need to separate these two strings as scmid1 and scmid2. Thanks in advance. Sanket (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanket
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: need to have egrep to return a text string if the search pattern has NOT been found

Hello all, after spending hours of searching the web I decided to create an account here. This is my first post and I hope one of the experts can help. I need to resolve a grep / sed / xargs / awk problem. My input file is just like this: ----------------------------------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash4ever
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

underscore to dots

Hi, I have been trying to change underscores to dots. For example: 1122_91 1022_233 . 2237_23 9382_2339 2998_234 345_257 . . Desired output: 1122.91 1022.233 . 2237.23 9382.2339 2998.234 345.257 . . Any idea? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iconig
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep how to make sure string is after 5 comma

Hello, Need help... using egrep how do I make sure string is after 5th comma example: a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i Suppose i want to search letter f but want to make sure it is after 5th comma. Is there any way to check string is after 5th comma? Thanks !! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
9 Replies
DROP 
SCHEMA(7) SQL Commands DROP SCHEMA(7) NAME
DROP SCHEMA - remove a schema SYNOPSIS
DROP SCHEMA [ IF EXISTS ] name [, ...] [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP SCHEMA removes schemas from the database. A schema can only be dropped by its owner or a superuser. Note that the owner can drop the schema (and thereby all contained objects) even if he does not own some of the objects within the schema. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the schema does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name of a schema. CASCADE Automatically drop objects (tables, functions, etc.) that are contained in the schema. RESTRICT Refuse to drop the schema if it contains any objects. This is the default. EXAMPLES
To remove schema mystuff from the database, along with everything it contains: DROP SCHEMA mystuff CASCADE; COMPATIBILITY
DROP SCHEMA is fully conforming with the SQL standard, except that the standard only allows one schema to be dropped per command, and apart from the IF EXISTS option, which is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
ALTER SCHEMA [alter_schema(7)], CREATE SCHEMA [create_schema(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP SCHEMA(7)