Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C++ ASCI int values
Top Forums Programming C++ ASCI int values Post 302357690 by pludi on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 11:23:22 AM
Old 09-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
The three types char, signed char, and unsigned char are collectively called the character types. The implementation shall define char to have the same range, representation, and behavior as either signed char or unsigned char.
Which is why I always declare the type explicitly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Unsigned int

How can I store and/or print() a number that is larger than 4 294 967 295 in C? is int64_t or u_int64_t what I need ? if, so how can I printf it to stdout? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimnod
2 Replies

2. Programming

difference between int ** func() and int *& func()

What is the difference between int** func() and int*& func(). Can you please explain it with suitable example. Thanks, Devesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a string to int

Hi, i want to read a text file whose content(single line) will be a number like 1 or 2 or 3 ..... what i want to do is to read the file and increment the content of the file, using unix scripting. Regards, Senthil Kumar Siddhan. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilk615
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

int open(const char *pathname, int flags, mode_t mode) doubt...

hello everybody! I want to create a file with permissions for read, write, and execute to everybody using C, so I write this code: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> int main(){ int fileDescriptor; fileDescriptor =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csnmgeek
2 Replies

5. Programming

to convert int to hex

Hi, Can you help me in converting int value to hex in a single command. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
8 Replies

6. Programming

int *ptr + max possible value

From reading my C book, Im aware that the integers have a maximum value which depends on what type of processor you are using (since they use 16-bit or 32-bit instructions). Now I know pointers are very flexible, since they can reference anything, but in the case of integer pointers, can they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

From string to int ?

hello guys i m new to shell scripting and can't find out why this structure is not right I m guessing this happens because $LINESUM is a string . so how can i do this ? i want my script to do so many loops as the number of the lines of one custom file. #!/bin/bash echo give me path name... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xamxam
5 Replies

8. AIX

Disabling an ASCI terminal in AIX versions 3 and 4

Hi, I tried to do some research on this subject, but got nothing conclusive. I have the following need: I have different servers with AIX versions 3.2.5 through 4.3.2. Some of them have two ASCI terminals connected. I have a shell script that is executed by a user on the main console... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrei_r20
2 Replies

9. Programming

Handle int listen(int sockfd, int backlog) in TCP

Hi, from the manual listen(2): listen for connections on socket - Linux man page It has a parameter called backlog and it limits the maximum length of queue of pending list. If I set backlog to 128, is it means no more than 128 packets can be handled by server? If I have three... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
3 Replies

10. Programming

'int air_date' '%'?

int air_date='20100103'; //2010 - Jan - 03 /* My goal here is to subtract a day. */ int day = air_date % 100; //?????? Is this right? //Are there any functions time/date for this type of date format? :cool: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
7 Replies
caca_conio_text_info(3caca)					      libcaca					       caca_conio_text_info(3caca)

NAME
caca_conio_text_info - DOS text area information. SYNOPSIS
Data Fields unsigned char winleft unsigned char wintop unsigned char winright unsigned char winbottom unsigned char attribute unsigned char normattr unsigned char currmode unsigned char screenheight unsigned char screenwidth unsigned char curx unsigned char cury Detailed Description This structure stores text area information for the DOS conio.h compatibility layer. Field Documentation unsigned char caca_conio_text_info::winleft left window coordinate unsigned char caca_conio_text_info::wintop top window coordinate unsigned char caca_conio_text_info::winright right window coordinate unsigned char caca_conio_text_info::winbottom bottom window coordinate unsigned char caca_conio_text_info::attribute text attribute unsigned char caca_conio_text_info::normattr normal attribute unsigned char caca_conio_text_info::currmode current video mode: BW40, BW80, C40, C80, or C4350 unsigned char caca_conio_text_info::screenheight text screen's height unsigned char caca_conio_text_info::screenwidth text screen's width unsigned char caca_conio_text_info::curx x-coordinate in current window unsigned char caca_conio_text_info::cury y-coordinate in current window Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libcaca from the source code. Version 0.99.beta18 Fri Apr 6 2012 caca_conio_text_info(3caca)