Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot create pipe
Operating Systems SCO Cannot create pipe Post 302357588 by necron on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 08:16:15 AM
Old 09-30-2009
Cannot create pipe

Hi,

I'm new here, so please dont shoot me if I forgot something Smilie
Some SCO box we've (our company) got recently from a new customer runs an app that hangs the entire box every once in a while.
Today when an admin tried to start the db we got this error:
$ dbstart
dbstart: line 22: cannot create pipe [Out of stream resources]

Im pretty familiar with FreeBSD, but quite the noob with SCO, so what and where should I edit files in order to allow more resources to be used?
Or is this a (virtual) memory problem?

Regards,

Niels

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do I create desktop icons for the shell programs I create???

I am a bash shell programmer and I create programs on occasional basis. Now, I dont want my programs to be run by typing out its name at a command line. I want to make it as user friendly as possible. I want to create icons on the desktop so users can click on it. mind you, I said "desktop... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can't create more pipe

How can I change the maxnumber of pipes on my workstation? I'm running an EXPECT script that is suppose to start up 32 xterms. But after 18 opened xterm, I get this msg: - couldn't create pipe: too many open files regard, chris (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uabcbac
9 Replies

3. Programming

Create a pipe to /dev/tty

Hello everybody: I have a child process which reads a password from /dev/tty, as far as I know file descriptors for the child process can be seen by using lsof, so I want to connect to such device in order to send the password through a pipe, how could I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
2 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash code to create named Pipe

Guy's, I need help with creating a pipe, I found this code online but not exactly sure what different parts are doing. Will someone be able to help me with explaining what code is doing? Also what I want is to have everything the same directory. Meaning I am working in directory: I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: INHF
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to create one's own pipe in one's own shell?

Good evening, I'm trying to do my own shell and I encountered some issues while creating it. Indeed when I try such a command I have DAUPHINE> DAUPHINE> ls -l | grep terminal > fichier DAUPHINE> cat fichier My shell is named DAUPHINE Whereas I should have: Code: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntoineCompagni
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
MONO-SERVER2-ADMIN(8)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     MONO-SERVER2-ADMIN(8)

NAME
mono-server2-admin - mono-server2 hosts file creator, hosts file is part of the debianized mod_mono package SYNOPSIS
mono-server2-admin.conf [action] [args] OPTIONS Actions: add Use 'add' if you want to create an application and want mono-server2 scripts to manage it del If you want to remove an application Args: --path The path where you have your aspx files, MUST EXISTS!, required only with add action --app The name of your application --libs If you have dlls outside your path, you must use this! --port Needed if you are running multiple virtual hosts in different ports in Apache --vhost If you want to add asp.net support to a virtualhost you must use this. Example: foobar.com DESCRIPTION
mono-server2-admin.conf is a perl tool to adminstrate your ASP.NET webapps that will be executed with mod_mono. When you try to add an application, admin.conf will verify that your path exists, if it is, it will add a directory inside /etc/xsp/conf.d with the name of your app, and also as a file with the filename format: 10_appname. This file will have the information (path, app). So, when mono-xsp-update.conf is executed it will read those dirs and create a debian.webapp in /etc/xsp that the xsp daemon will read, also with a mono-server2-hosts.conf that will have your directory settings with apache directives. Apache will read mono-server2-hosts.conf! AUTHOR
Pablo Fischer <pablo@pablo.com.mx> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 MONO-SERVER2-ADMIN(8)