Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syntax error in tcl/tk code
Top Forums Programming Syntax error in tcl/tk code Post 302357554 by Tytalus on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 06:52:14 AM
Old 09-30-2009
hmm - seems to dislike you setting the operator opr as +-*/ etc , then calculating.

you could maybe just rewrite so hitting the opr button does the insert e.g. :
Code:
proc SubOpr {} {
set result [expr { [ .entno1 get]  -   [ .entno2 get]}]
.entres insert 0 $result

And - you could do with a clear operation, or any new reults will be appended to the current string in the result..

HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

why is this code generating syntax error?pls help

#!/bin/sh copy() { source=`stat -c %s $1` dest=0 cd $2 while ;do cp $1 $2 & pct=`((100 * $dest) / $source )` dest=`dest+1` echo -en ".$pct%\b\b\b" sleep 1 done } echo "starting now" copy /file1 /tmp (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

3. AIX

nim mksysb error :/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, help me please. I am trying to create a mksysb bakup using nim. I am geting this error, how to correct it ? : Command : failed stdout: yes stderr: no... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help line 35: syntax error: unexpected end of file only 34 lines of code

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, I did some research and only confused myself further. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to make this work for work tomorrow. There are only 34 lines of code in this script, yet its complaining about line 35 Here is the code: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BkontheShell718
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error calling TCL script from shell script

hello everyone i am beginner on shell scripting .and i am working on my project work on ad hoc network i wrote a batch (.sh) to do a looping and execute a tcl script i wrote before in each iteration ..but i got this problem " syntax error near unexpected token `('... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcoss90
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with TCL code to find IP address from a URL

Need help with a a tcl code. Need to find out the ip address from a URL if it is present to do some activity. The URLs will be of the form <domain>?a=12345&d=somestring1(Note: c not present) <domain>?c=10.10.10.100&d=somestring1 <domain>?a=12345&b=somestring1&c=10.1.2.4&d=somestring2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ampak
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error in tcl script

hi all , i am trying to link a file with another file present in some other location in tcl shell. This is the way i am doing it if {} { file link /data/athena_dev/tanvi/tcl/tanvi.log "/data/athena_dev/tanvi/tanvi.tcl" } I am getting the error that /data/athena_dev/tanvi/tcl/ta nvi.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harjinder
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL: syntax error in expression with "*"

I'm using tcl scripts in ns2 ( network simulator) through cygwin. It works fine , however, I downloaded an example when i run it , I got the following syntax error: syntax error in expression with " *2" : unexpected operator * while executing : "expr $bw *2" invoked from within: "$ns... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Syntax error in code snippet

Hello, I am attaching a code snippet. Some of the variables are set in earlier code like count, arrays harr1, harr2, barr1 and barr2. The code below gives syntax errors. I am very new to Bash. for (( i=0; i<=$(( $count -1 )); i++ )) do #Now read the element at barr2 location i. Also find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
2 Replies
expr(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   expr(1)

Name
       expr - evaluate expressions

Syntax
       expr arg...

Description
       The arguments are taken as an expression.  After evaluation, the result is written on the standard output.  Each token of the expression is
       a separate argument.

The operators and keywords are listed below.  The list is in order of increasing precedence, with equal precedence operators grouped.

expr | expr	   Yields the first expr if it is neither null nor 0.  Otherwise yields the second expr.

expr & expr	   Yields the first expr if neither expr is null or 0.	Otherwise yields 0.

expr relop expr	   The relop is one of < <= = != >= > and yields 1 if the indicated comparison is true, '0' if false.  The  comparison	is
			   numeric if both expr are integers, otherwise lexicographic.

expr + expr
	    expr - expr
			   Yields addition or subtraction of the arguments.

expr * expr
	    expr / expr
	    expr % expr
			   Yields multiplication, division, or remainder of the arguments.

expr : expr	   The	matching  operator compares the string first argument with the regular expression second argument; regular expres-
			   sion syntax is the same as that of The (...) pattern symbols can be used to select a portion of the  first  argument.
			   Otherwise, the matching operator yields the number of characters matched ('0' on failure).

( expr ) 	   parentheses for grouping.

Examples
       The first example adds 1 to the Shell variable a:
       a=`expr $a + 1`
       The second example finds the file name part (least significant part) of the pathname stored in variable a,
       expr $a : '.*/(.*)' '|' $a
       Note the quoted Shell metacharacters.

Diagnostics
       The command returns the following exit codes:

0    The expression is neither null nor '0'.

1    The expression is null or '0'.

2    The expression is invalid.

See Also
       ed(1), sh(1), test(1)

expr(1)