Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML file parsing using script Post 302357532 by skmdu on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 05:26:27 AM
Old 09-30-2009
you can use perl module XML::Reader.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and getting data from XML file using ksh script

Hi All, I have a xml file for example as described below <xml> <address> <street><street> <address/> <isbn>426728783932020308393930303</isbn> <book> <name> </name> </book> . . . </xml> My problem is to get the isbn number from the above described file using ksh script. Could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinna
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using Shell Script

Hello, I'm a starting shell scripter and no Perl knowledge. I've trying to do this for a while: I want to parse an XML file and get certain data out of it and write that data into a CSV file, all this using Shell Scripting (in Bash). Or Perl without any XML Parser/Interpreter (if possible). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kage Musha
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help parsing a XML file ....

Well I have read several threads on the subject ... but being a newbie like me makes it hard to understand ... What I need is the following: Input data: ------- snip --------- <FavouriteLocations> <FavouriteLocations class="FavouriteList"><Item... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: misak
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing xml file

hi guys, great help to the original question, can i expand please? i have large files filled with blocks like this <Placemark> network type: hot line1 line2 line3 <styleUrl>red.png</styleUrl> </Placemark> <Placemark> network type: cold line1 line2 line3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garvald
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing in a shell script.

Below is a XML I have... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <component xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:XXXXX-www-Install-Manifest manifest.xsd" xmlns="urn:qqqqq-Install-Manifest" name="OM" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing using shell script

I have a xml file like this <bul:collectionStrategy name="strategy1"> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="15min group"/> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group"/> </bul:collectionStrategy> <bul:CollectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group" > ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using shell script

Well, issue is i have to parse this script to get the VERSION: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations</key> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorosinister
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing XML file

I want to parse xml file sample file....... <name locale="en">my_name<>/name><lastChanged>somedate</lastChanged><some more code here> <name locale="en">tablename1<>/name><lastChanged>somedate</lastChanged> <definition><dbquery><sources><sql type="cognos">select * from... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ms2001
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing xml file

Hi, Need help with parsing xml data in unix and place it in a csv file. My xml file looks like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> <iwgroups> <nextid value="128"> </nextid> <iwgroup name="RXapproval" id="124" display-name="RXapproval"... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
11 Replies
Node(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Node(3pm)

NAME
XML::Node - Node-based XML parsing: an simplified interface to XML::Parser SYNOPSIS
use XML::Node; $xml_node = new XML::Node; $xml_node->register( $nodetype, $callback_type => &callback_function ); $xml_node->register( $nodetype, $callback_type => $variable ); open(FOO, 'xmlgenerator |'); $p3->parse(*FOO); close(FOO); $xml_node->parsefile( $xml_filename ); DESCRIPTION
If you are only interested in processing certain nodes in an XML file, this module can help you simplify your Perl scripts significantly. The XML::Node module allows you to register callback functions or variables for any XML node. If you register a call back function, it will be called when the node of the type you specified are encountered. If you register a variable, the content of a XML node will be appended to that variable automatically. Subroutine register accepts both absolute and relative node registrations. Here is an example of absolute path registration: 1. register(">TestCase>Name", "start" => &handle_TestCase_Name_start); Here are examples of single node name registration: 2. register( "Name", "start" => &handle_Name_start); 3. register( "Name", "end" => &handle_Name_end); 4. register( "Name", "char" => &handle_Name_char); Here is an example of attribute registration: 5. register(">TestCase:Author", "attr" => $testcase_author); Abosolute path trigger condition is recommended because a "Name" tage could appear in different places and stands for differe names. Example: 1 <Testcase> 2 <Name>Something</Name> 3 <Oracle> 4 <Name>Something</Name> 5 </Oracle> 6 </Testcase> Statement 1 causes &handle_TestCase_Name_start to be called when parsing Line 2. Statements 2,3,4 cause the three handler subroutines to be called when parsing both Line 2 and Line 4. This module uses XML::Parser. EXAMPLE
Examples "test.pl" and "parse_orders.pl" come with this perl module. SEE ALSO
XML::Parser NOTE
When you register a variable, XML::Node appends strings found to that variable. So please be sure to clear that variable before it is used again. AUTHORS
Chang Liu <liu@ics.uci.edu> LAST MODIFIED
$Date: 2001/12/10 11:38:28 $ perl v5.10.0 2001-12-11 Node(3pm)