Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Autosys job modified - Need to see previous version Post 302357500 by itgehrke on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 03:18:35 AM
Old 09-30-2009
Old job defs.

I think only deleted jobs are retained until cleaned. I use a script to perform a daily autorep -j ALL -q and pipe the output to a new file. This enables me to get old ones back

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys Job update

Hi could someone tell me how do I update an autosys job? i was trying something like: $ jil < solarCleaning.jil -V none ______________________________________________________________________________ Insert/Updating Job: solarCleaning *** CANNOT INSERT Job: solarCleaning, because... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nosnam
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autosys job display

autorep -J dfile_252500_U_HSP_f2purge -w Job Name Last Start Last End ST Run Pri/Xit ________________________________________________________________ ____________________ ____________________ __ _______ ___ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kill a Job in Autosys

Hi, I have done kill-9 xxx for a job which is running in Autosys. But when i use autorep -j xxx it is showing the job is in run status. How to kill a job in Autosys which is in running status.. Thanks Arun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Documentation and books on Autosys Job Control Tool from Autosys

My project uses Autosys. I am new to this product and I don't know where to start from. Q1. Please provide me the link where I can get Autosys documentation Q2. Please refer a good book on Autosys. (Beginner/Intermediate Level) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autosys - failing job

Hi, I am trying to schedule an autosys job for weblogic server reboot. When i run the job it is failing with the following error: /bin/sh: /path/stop_wls instancename: not found The following is my jil and i dont refer to /bin/sh at all update_job: mgd_shutdown_cmd.jil job_type: c ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: userscript
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

autosys job configuration for job failure.

We need to configure autosys that when a job fails continously for 3 times, we need to call another job. Is this possible in Autosys, or can anyone advice on the alternative. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Autosys Job.

Hi Can any one tell me free online good book for autosys job. Also whats the basic difference between Autosys job and cron job. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autosys Job

I need to know the list of autosys job that run between given time. I have the following command. job_depends -t -J abc% -F "12/25/2010 03:00" -T "12/26/2010 05:00" Above command will give the list of job that run between time 3 AM and 5 AM. But the it gives me in random order how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys Job: Job did not start

I have submitted an autosys job and force start it. Autosys hit the job 4 times to restart but it did not start and finally I terminate the job. Any idea why the job did not start. Below is the code I executed. 1214 missun0ap /export/home/bzn97r/develop/dswi/jil$ sendevent -E FORCE_STARTJOB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find files modified in previous minute only

Hi, How can I get files which are modified only in last minute ? it should not display 2 minutes back filels -la -rw-rw-r-- 1 stuser st 51 Dec 3 09:22 a.csv -rw-rw-r-- 1 stiser st 50 Dec 3 09:25 b.csv -rw-rw-r-- 1 stuser st 53 Dec 3 09:33 c.csv When I run command at 9:34am then I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbjv
7 Replies
ns_job(3aolserver)					    AOLserver Built-In Commands 					ns_job(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_job - commands SYNOPSIS
ns_job option ?arg arg ...? ns_job create ?-desc description? queueId ?maxthreads? ns_job queue ?-detached? queueId script ns_job wait ?-timeout seconds:microseconds? queueId jobId ns_job waitany ?-timeout seconds:microseconds? queueId ns_job cancel queueId jobId ns_job delete queueId ns_job jobs queueId ns_job queues ns_job threadlist ns_job queuelist ns_job joblist ns_job genid _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
ns_job manages a thread pool and a set of named "queues". Queues have a max number of threads and when the current number of running thread reaches "max" then jobs are queued. New threads are created when there are less than maxthread number of idle threads. OPTIONS
create create ?-desc description? queueId ?maxthreads? Create a new job queue called queueId. If maxthreads is not specified, then the default of 4 is used. queue queue ?-detached? queueId script Add a new job to the queue. If there are less than maxthreads current running then the job will be started. If there are maxthreads currently running then this new job will be queued. If detached is true, then the job will be cleaned up when it completes; no wait will be necessary. The new job's ID is returned. wait wait ?-timeout seconds:microseconds? queueId jobId Wait for the specified queued or running job to finish. wait returns the results of the script. An error is thrown if the specified timeout period is reached. waitany waitany ?-timeout seconds:microseconds? queueId Wait for any job on the queue complete. An error is thrown if the specified timeout period is reached. cancel cancel queueId jobId Remove the specified job from the queue. If the job is currently running, then the job will be removed from the queue when it com- pletes. 1 (true) is returned if the job is currently running and can not be cancelled. delete delete queueId Request that the specified queue be deleted. The queue will only be deleted when all jobs are removed. jobs jobs queueId Return a list of the job IDs. queues Returns a list of the queues IDs. threadlist Returns a list of the thread pool's fields. maxthreads Max number of threads for all the queues in the thread pool. numthreads Number of allocated threads. numidle Number of currently idle threads. req stop The thread pools is being stopped. This probably means that the server is shutting down. queuelist Returns a list of the queues. A queue has the following fields: name Name of the queue. desc Description of the queue. maxthreads Max number of threads to run for this queue. numrunning Number of currently running jobs in this queue. REQ delete Someone requested this queue be deleted. Queue will not be deleted until all the jobs on the queue are removed. joblist Returns a list the jobs in the specified queue. A job has the following fields: id Job's ID state scheduled The job is schedule to run. running The job is currently running. done The job is has completed. results If the job has completed, then this field will contain the results. If the job is running or scheduled to run, then this will contain the script. code When the job is done, this will contain the return code. Codes TCL_OK TCL_ERROR TCL_RETURN TCL_BREAK TCL_CONTINUE TYPE nondetached detached REQ none wait cancel genid Generate a new unique ID. This new ID can be used as the queue ID without conflicting with any other queue ID. BUGS
SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
ns_job AOLserver 4.0 ns_job(3aolserver)