Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting storing values in arrays using shell Post 302357476 by ripat on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 01:28:15 AM
Old 09-30-2009
Try:

Code:
iostat -xtc | awk '!/device|nfs[0-9]/ {printf "%s ",$1}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in variable

Hi All, Here is the description of the problem. I am scripting for database access using k-shell on solaris box dbaccess <databasename> - << EOF 2>/dev/null | awk 'BEGIN {FS=" "}\ {printf "%s", $1}' | grep -v "^$" | \ read cnt1 OUTPUT TO PIPE cat WITHOUT HEADINGS select count(*) from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating arrays cell values in shell scripting

Hi All, I want to concatenate the array cell values and form a string.. Is it possible? for ex. I have an array word_array contains d u m b and after concatenating the string shld be 'dumb' thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathur
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing information in arrays....

Hello, I am writing a shell script to do the following. It greps information from the messages log and then I use the cut command to isolate the field I need (the username) and output the information to a text file. I now have to do the following. Count how many times each user logged in. So... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing Command Line Values

Hi, I am trying to read the value passed by the user and store it in a variable so that later I can read it from the variable. But I am getting errors. Can you please help? Thanks. Code: $ECHO "Enter the Country for which you want the installation to be executed? (US/India):" read COUNTRY... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoursdavinder
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing Multiple Values in a Variable

Hi, My code is as below: integer i=7 while ((i <= 5 )); do # test_out is a variable which contains data separated by "^". a= `echo $test_out | cut -d"^" -f$i` echo "$a" (( i = i + 1)); done From the above code, i kept $i after f so that i can capture all the data which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing values in a list or array

i have a file called file.txt having the following entries. 2321 2311 2313 4213 i wnat to store these values in a list and i want to iterate the list using loop and store it in another list (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the values in text file using while loop in shell script

Hi Frdz while read line do name=`echo $line | cut -d' ' -f 1 ` password=`echo $line | cut -d`-` -f 2` name > logfile.txt password > logfile.txt done < list.txt When it is run, am getting last values in list.txt file only,it is not storing lall the list entry values. How can i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays using csh

I am reading a number of files but then I want to put the ranges xmin xmax ymin ymax as arrays for each file. Any idea how I can do this??? set j = 1 echo "Welcome $i times" while ( $j <= $i ) echo "$j" set fname = $fin-bst-misf.xy echo " "$fname ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays

I have the following csh script which lets the use pass the following as an argument -legend=tag1/tag2/tag3/tag4/tag5/tag6/tag7 We pass a number of tags separated by '/'. I want to save the legend tags in an array and have done as below. How can I improve on this as things are getting quite... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing values in shell variable

Hi, I am writing a shell script where, x=y y=z When I want to print z, I can do $y How do I use only "x" without any direct reference to "y" to print z? Thanks, -G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurab
3 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)