Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris expect package is not invoked from cron Post 302357461 by megh on Wednesday 30th of September 2009 12:32:13 AM
Old 09-30-2009
expect package is not invoked from cron

Hi,
I am running some etl commands in the windows from shell script(from unix sun solaris 5.9) by using expect package .While running manually the script is working fine.While running from cron it is exiting the after successfully firing the ETL command(The control does not stop after firing the command and exiting the shell script).

please suggest
Regards
Megh

Last edited by megh; 09-30-2009 at 05:18 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script in cron

I wrote a script using 'expect' tool to change the password of my login id, every fortnight. And I had put it as a cron job. The cron job is throwing an error ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/expect: fatal: libtcl8.3.so: open failed: No such file or directory The environment variables are set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepa
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use Send command of Expect package

HI All, I am currently working on one command line application on AIX (Unix Platform).Here i need to use Expect package. By using Expect package at the top of the script,i want to use just Send command of Expect package to send characters like, 1. Press Enter key 2. Press spacebar 3.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha123
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

expect and cron

I have the following expect script, which I want to run in cron. It fails however, very likely due to the fact that there's no /dev/tty available. set timeout 30 spawn -nottycopy -nottyinit /usr/bin/ssh $hostname $command match_max 100000 expect "password" send -- "$password" send -- "\r"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling expect script in ksh is failing via cron

I'm calling an expect script via a ksh script in cron and it is failing. The script runs fine if i run it manually. Does anyone know if it is an issue with compatibilty and if there is a way around it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhatia
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using expect script with AIX's SMIT in cron

My searches turned up nothing relevant, so I apologize if this has already been looked at. I am trying to run an expect script from a Solaris machine, that ssh's into an AIX machine, and interacts with a SMIT created menu system that runs a few backups for me. The expect script runs fine when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mariognarly
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON: Script not getting invoked

Hi, I have the following script - fixpart="/files/myScript # Transfer Script" echo "Specify the transfer frequency in minutes - " echo "every 1, 2, 3, or 5 minutes (default every 1 minute) " echo $nn "Frequency ? :" $cc read ans case $ans in 2) echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values in expect package

i am having specific number of input( as per o/p of another script) say 10 like d1,d2,d3....d10 i want to pass these o/p to expect script.But i don't know how to do that the the input to the expect script should be like this /expect_script.exp $d1 $d2......$dn as this "dn" depends in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script not running in cron "Urgent"

I wrote a script to download the files from sftp location to local. while running the script manually its working fine. when i schedule the same in cron its not working.... :wall::wall: here is the script: #!/bin/bash ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga39
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script not running from cron. Full Paths used

My cron file. Copied $PATH # Minute Hour Day of Month Month Day of Week Command SHELL=/bin/ksh PATH=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/perl/lib:/perl/lib/lib/perl5:/perl/scripts:.:/perl/lib/local:/home/popeye:/temp 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script not executing via cron

Hello All, I'm having an issue getting an expect script to run as a cron job. The script executes fin if I run it from the command line but I get nothing when trying to run it as a cron job. I've researched other forums and threads and there have been references to the environment, or lack... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingT617
16 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-akq] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. The following options are available: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-D (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
January 22, 2004 BSD