Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text editing script does everything but edit text. Post 302357448 by varontron on Tuesday 29th of September 2009 11:12:24 PM
Old 09-30-2009
try echoing all the values in the outer and inner loops. it seems like something you want to change may have been moved or changed already.

for instance, set a var to `ls location` and echo the $var value before the loop.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text Editing

Hello everybody, I have a sorted text file. some of the lines appear twice or even more. is there an unix utility that removes the extra appearences? Thanks, Ido. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginodii
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text editing on iPhone using ed

Hi all, I'm trying to edit a file using ed on an iphone. I am trying to edit a conf file and have managed to get to the directory where the default.conf file is located, however, when I type ed default.conf all i get is a number and then a blank line and a question mark which is why I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drewcifer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

text file editing

Hi, I need some help in text manipulation. I have an input file like this: 7629 "WPCW 19 - CW/AM1, WPCB 40 - FAMN/CORNER, WPCB-DT1 50 - FAMN/CORNER, " W35AW - Various Shopping Pgms W41CF - TBN W47CV - TBN WLLS-LP 49 - AM1 WATCH WPXI 11 N & WPIX 11 CW 1234 "WPCW 19 - CW/AM1,... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: injeti
26 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing text using AWK

France : 40 : John Persia : 50 : John -----Database What i am trying to achieve is to search for a book, and replave the title with the new title echo -n "Title:" read Title echo -n "Author:" read Author echo "new Title" read NewTitle awk 'BEGIN {... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script editing text files and running commands

Okay this will probably have multiple parts to it but I don't really want to trouble you guys with more help because I'm a total noob so I can just do the first part by hand (it's just editing a few hundred lines of text in a file; I have to do the same thing on each line and I'm sure there's a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit Text

Hi everyone , i am new in shell scripting and i want to do a simple job. A have in a file a text that looks like : 4770 maniac 20 0 13680 312 240 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 pro 4770 maniac 20 0 23448 312 240 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 pro 4770 maniac 20 0 33216 312 240 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 pro and i want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcmaniac
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Need Help with GREP REGEX scripts for common BB-EDIT text-editing

Hi Everybody.. I'm a "newbie" to using Command-line... A few half-remembered DOS commands from 30 years ago, and the very handy "Sudo rm -R pathname" REMOVE command... I do a lot of "cleaning" of plain-text OCR text files. with assorted common line-break, punctuation and capitalization... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheMacGuy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to edit a text file

hi, could someone share a short script that would process a .txt file and do the following, for example the text file has this form 0:1.0 1:1.0 2:2.0 3:3.0 4:4.0 5:5.0 6:6.0 7:7.0 8:8.0 ... {newline} 9:9.0 10:10.0 11:11.0 12:12.0 13:13.0 14:14.0 15:15.0 16:16.0 17:17.0 ... {newline} and I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert vi editing to text editing

Dear Guru's I'm using Putty and want to edit a file. I know we generally use vi editor to do it. As I'm not good in using vi editor, I want to convert the vi into something like text pad. Is there any option in Putty to do the same ? Thanks for your response. Srini (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thummi9090
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Text editing/manipulation

Hello all. I need to rearrange a very long text file with the following format. The number of lines in each block is variable, but is between 1 and 10. Any hints what command could I use for this? Thank you. SAMPLE 2600 15 3453 159 3970 486 4327 760 4498 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yirgacheffe
3 Replies
GLUBEGINTRIM(3G)														  GLUBEGINTRIM(3G)

NAME
gluBeginTrim, gluEndTrim - delimit a NURBS trimming loop definition C SPECIFICATION
void gluBeginTrim( GLUnurbs* nurb ) void gluEndTrim( GLUnurbs* nurb ) PARAMETERS
nurb Specifies the NURBS object (created with gluNewNurbsRenderer). DESCRIPTION
Use gluBeginTrim to mark the beginning of a trimming loop, and gluEndTrim to mark the end of a trimming loop. A trimming loop is a set of oriented curve segments (forming a closed curve) that define boundaries of a NURBS surface. You include these trimming loops in the defini- tion of a NURBS surface, between calls to gluBeginSurface and gluEndSurface. The definition for a NURBS surface can contain many trimming loops. For example, if you wrote a definition for a NURBS surface that resem- bled a rectangle with a hole punched out, the definition would contain two trimming loops. One loop would define the outer edge of the rec- tangle; the other would define the hole punched out of the rectangle. The definitions of each of these trimming loops would be bracketed by a gluBeginTrim/gluEndTrim pair. The definition of a single closed trimming loop can consist of multiple curve segments, each described as a piecewise linear curve (see gluPwlCurve) or as a single NURBS curve (see gluNurbsCurve), or as a combination of both in any order. The only library calls that can appear in a trimming loop definition (between the calls to gluBeginTrim and gluEndTrim) are gluPwlCurve and gluNurbsCurve. The area of the NURBS surface that is displayed is the region in the domain to the left of the trimming curve as the curve parameter increases. Thus, the retained region of the NURBS surface is inside a counterclockwise trimming loop and outside a clockwise trimming loop. For the rectangle mentioned earlier, the trimming loop for the outer edge of the rectangle runs counterclockwise, while the trimming loop for the punched-out hole runs clockwise. If you use more than one curve to define a single trimming loop, the curve segments must form a closed loop (that is, the endpoint of each curve must be the starting point of the next curve, and the endpoint of the final curve must be the starting point of the first curve). If the endpoints of the curve are sufficiently close together but not exactly coincident, they will be coerced to match. If the endpoints are not sufficiently close, an error results (see gluNurbsCallback). If a trimming loop definition contains multiple curves, the direction of the curves must be consistent (that is, the inside must be to the left of all of the curves). Nested trimming loops are legal as long as the curve orientations alternate correctly. If trimming curves are self-intersecting, or intersect one another, an error results. If no trimming information is given for a NURBS surface, the entire surface is drawn. EXAMPLE
This code fragment defines a trimming loop that consists of one piecewise linear curve, and two NURBS curves: gluBeginTrim(nobj); gluPwlCurve(..., GLU_MAP1_TRIM_2); gluNurbsCurve(..., GLU_MAP1_TRIM_2); gluNurbsCurve(..., GLU_MAP1_TRIM_3); gluEndTrim(nobj); SEE ALSO
gluBeginSurface(3G), gluNewNurbsRenderer(3G), gluNurbsCallback(3G), gluNurbsCurve(3G), gluPwlCurve(3G) GLUBEGINTRIM(3G)