Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pidgin on Solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris Pidgin on Solaris 10 Post 302357295 by BG_JrAdmin on Tuesday 29th of September 2009 10:01:02 AM
Old 09-29-2009
Pidgin on Solaris 10

I have a Solaris 10 Sparc system.

Does anyone know what package installs Pidgin?

Pidgin isn't in pkginfo. I want to uninstall it cleanly, i cant seem to figure any other way to unistall it beside just deleting the files.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem With PIDGIN messenger.

Hi, I copied source of the pidgin open source, and installed in LINUX, I successfully login to gtalk using pidgin , but my problem is when i send a message , it successfully sent to the receiver. but iam not able to receive messeges from other. if anybody knew it please let me know that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ch.siva
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

pidgin on fedora/redhat

hi guys, I am trying to install pidgin on my redhat. yum search pidgin is showing nothing to do and no package is found I want to install the text based pidgin not the graphical one. is it finch? how can i install them using yum? can you give me the steps please? i read in somewhere that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Want to Monitor the Pidgin Logs

Hi Team, Am the Root user I want to monitor the user's chat actions. So How do I check the Remote system users Pidgin Chat logs history. And where the logs will be stored exactly?? Give me a solution!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
2 Replies
purple-remote(1)						   User Commands						  purple-remote(1)

NAME
purple-remote - Send remote commands to Pidgin/Finch SYNOPSIS
purple-remote [-command1] [-command2] [-...] DESCRIPTION
Send remote commands to Purple. This program uses DBus to communicate with Pidgin/Finch. OPTIONS
Each command is of one of the three types: [protocol:]commandname?param1=value1=value2&... FunctionName?param1=value1=value2&... FunctionName(value1,value2,...) The second and third form are provided for completeness but their use is not recommended; use purple-send or purple-send-async instead. The second form uses introspection to find out the parameter names and their types, therefore it is rather slow. Here are some examples: jabber:goim?screenname=testone@localhost=hi jabber:gochat?room=TestRoom=conference.localhost jabber:getinfo?screenname=testone@localhost jabber:addbuddy?screenname=my friend setstatus?status=away=don't disturb quit PurpleAccountsFindConnected?name==prpl-jabber PurpleAccountFindConnected(,prpl-jabber) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-cd | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), purple-url-handler(1), attributes(5) purple-remote Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-remote(1)