Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Small issue with Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120 Post 302357283 by pupp on Tuesday 29th of September 2009 09:41:40 AM
Old 09-29-2009
you need a brandZ zone. its the only way to deploy sol9 on this type of server. take a look at the previous post's link to this information.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Accessing a StorageTek 2530 Disk array from SUN, SPARC Enterprise T2000

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me with mounting a file share from my Sun T2000 server running Solaris 10 to my connected 2530 disk array? I believe I've connected the disk array correctly and I have created a volume on the array using the filesystem (Sun_SAM-FS, RAID-5). The T2000... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DundeeDancer
15 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun enterprise 420R boot issue

Hi, I am using sun enterprise 420R server. Problem is on the monitor i am not able to see anything. I tried Serial connection, on terminal(using serial) i could see that POST(power on start tests) tests are being done, after that "timeout waiting for arp rarp packet" message keep displaying... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkittu009
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
named-checkzone(1M)					  System Administration Commands				       named-checkzone(1M)

NAME
named-checkzone - zone file validity checking tool SYNOPSIS
named-checkzone [-djqv] [-c class] zonename filename DESCRIPTION
The named-checkzone utility checks the syntax and integrity of a zone file. It performs the same checks as named(1M) does when loading a zone. The named-checkzone utility is useful for checking zone files before configuring them into a name server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c class Specify the class of the zone. If not specified, "IN" is assumed. -d Enable debugging. -j Read the journal, if it exists, when loading the zone file. -q Run in quiet mode, reporting only the exit status. -v Print the version of the named-checkzone program and exit. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the zone file. zonename The domain name of the zone being checked. EXIT STATUS
0 No errors were detected. 1 An error was detected. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWbind9 | |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
named(1M), attributes(5) RFC 1035 BIND 9 Administrator Reference Manual NOTES
Source for BIND9 is available in the SUNWbind9S package. SunOS 5.10 15 Dec 2004 named-checkzone(1M)