Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX can't vary on vg - no good copies of the descriptor area Post 302357189 by ravager on Tuesday 29th of September 2009 03:56:34 AM
Old 09-29-2009
may be usefull to look at the output from
lsvg |lsvg -il
lsvg |lsvg -ip

Studdy this output and see what is going on
Now you will be able to see if one or more mirrors are stale and if there are disks missing

If only one side of a mirror is not working because of missing disk you can force the volume to come up (varyonvg -f vg )

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lp not printing multiple copies

I'm trying to print multiple copies of a file on sun solaris 8 with the lp -n command to no avail. No matter what numeric value I supply -n, I still only get 1 copy of the file printed. The command I'm using is 'lp -d SNY_IT5000-2 -n2 file' The printer is an HP Laserjet 4000 with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Multiple Copies

Has anyone come accross and solved an issue where only 1 copy of a doc prints after you use the -n flag and specify more then 1. My exact syntax is lp -dprintername -n3 documentname enq command does same thing. Both commands show the 3 copies in the queue but only 1 ever prints I am using AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple copies at once

Dear all, Today I spend almost all my day with something I hope any of you can help me with... I'm trying to write a small script (!/bin/sh) to be able to make 900 copies of one file. Can anyone help me with this? I couldn't figure this out (maybe I need to create some sort of loop) and couldn't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: marjocello
8 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Script that copies one file to/over another

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a script that asks for 4 arguments, and the 1st and 3rd need to be -i and -o, and the 2nd/4th need to be file names. Technically, it's supposed to be run as: ./Lab_14.sh -i input.txt -o output.txt Depending on how many... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove copies/duplicates of same entry

Hi, I have a very big (with around 1 million entries) txt file with IPv4 addresses in the standard format, i.e. a.b.c.d The file looks like 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.1 10.1.2.4 10.1.2.4 12.1.5.6 . . . . and so on.... There are duplicate/multiple entries for some IP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make multiple copies?

At work I have to create multiple copies of a file all the time. Example: I have a file called Sec30p01.txt I need thirty of these, then I edit one line in each to make 30 different control files. So I end up with Sec30p02.txt, Sec30p03.txt and so on up to 30 Currently I copy the first file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: faaslave
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar creating copies of files

I am trying to archive directories based on their last modified date. When I tar and compress the directory it makes copies of whats inside, I don't know how to fix this. Here is my code. #!/bin/bash #AUTODRUNDISABLE VERSION="0.2" cd /desired/directory/to/archive find . -type d -newermt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding copies of files

theres a situation i'm dealing with where i feel like folks are stealing some of my files. they copy it (because they have complete sudo root access like i do) from my home directory and they copy it wherever and then change the name of the file so i wont know that they have it. is there a way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies
EXTUNDELETE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    EXTUNDELETE(1)

NAME
extundelete - utility to undelete files from an ext3 or ext4 partition. SYNOPSIS
extundelete [options] device-file... DESCRIPTION
extundelete is a utility that can recover deleted files from an ext3 or ext4 partition extundelete uses the information stored in the partition's journal to attempt to recover a file that has been deleted from the partition. There is no guarantee that any particular file will be able to be undeleted, so always try to have a good backup system in place, or at least put one in place after recovering your files! OPTIONS
--version Prints the version number of extundelete. --help Print a brief usage summary for extundelete. Partition name Name of the partition that has deleted files, such as /dev/sda3. Could also be the file name of a copy of the partition, such as that made with dd. --superblock Prints information about the filesystem from the superblock. --journal --superblock Prints information about the journal from the journal's superblock. --inode # Prints the information from the inode number of the filesystem given, such as "--inode 2". --block # Prints the contents of the block, called as "--block 9652". --restore-file path/to/deleted/file Attempts to restore the file which was deleted at the given filename, called as "--restore-file dirname/filename". --restore-inode # Used to restore inodes by number, called as "--restore-inode 2569". Also accepts a list of inodes separated by only commas, such as "--restore-inode 2569,5692,6925". --restore-files filename Restores a list of files. First, construct a list of files in the same style as would be used in the --restore-file option, and save it to the file "filename". Then, this option may be used to attempt to restore those files with a single call to extundelete. This form also reduces redundancy from multiple calls parsing the journal multiple times. --output-dir path/to/dump/recovered/files Restores files in the output dir 'path'. By default the restored files are created under current directory 'RECOVERED_FILES' --restore-all Restores all files possible to undelete to their names before deletion, when possible. Other files are restored to a filename like "file.NNNN". --restore-directory path/of/directory Restores all files possible to link to specified directory to their names before deletion, when possible. -j journal_dev Specifies the device that is the external journal of the file system. -b block_number Specifies the block number of the backup superblock to be used when opening the file system. -B block_size Specifies the block size of the partition to be used when opening the file system. --before date Only restore files deleted before the date specified, which should be in the form of the number of seconds since the UNIX epoch. Use a shell command like $ date -d "Aug 1 9:02" +%s to convert a human-readable date to the proper format. The conversion from the number of seconds to a readable format may be found by using either of the following: $ date -d@1234567890 $ perl -le "print scalar localtime 1234567890" --after date Only restore files deleted after the date specified, which should be in the form of the number of seconds since the UNIX epoch. See the notes for the --before option for more information. AUTHOR
extundelete was written by Nic Case <number9652@users.sourceforge.net> Copyright (C) 2009, 2010 This manual page was written by Elias Alejandro Ano Mendoza <ealmdz@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). September 29, 2010 EXTUNDELETE(1)