Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What is the command use to combine line using sed Post 302357182 by vidyadhar85 on Tuesday 29th of September 2009 03:32:11 AM
Old 09-29-2009
if you use awk it will be more easy..
Code:
awk '{printf $0","}' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

adding a new line using sed command

I need to find text "A" and replace it with A B. The issue is that I need a new line between A and B. \n does not do the work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivesia
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sed command [ printing a pattern + its line no or line no alone ]

Hello friends, Only very recently i started learning sed command...an i found that sed is faster in finding the patterns than some of my scripts that uses grep to check the patten inside a file using line by line search method which is time consuming. The below script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine sed command

Hi I have command and i want to short it. tr -c '' '' | sed 's/---/-/g' I want one sed command it is possible to include tr command in to sed Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiline to one line till a blank line

Hello, I have a file as :- ABC DEF GHI JKL <BlankLine> MNO PQR STU VWX <BlankLine> YZA I need it as below:- ABCDEFGHIJKL; MNOPQRSTUVWX; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
BOS_GETRESTRICTED(8)					       AFS Command Reference					      BOS_GETRESTRICTED(8)

NAME
bos_getrestricted - Displays whether a bos server is restricted or not SYNOPSIS
bos getrestricted -server <machine name> [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] DESCRIPTION
The bos getrestricted command shows whether the server machine named by the -server argument is running in restricted mode. Restricted mode limits access to certain bos commands. See bos_setrestricted(8) for details of which commands are disabled by restricting a server. Use the bos setrestricted command to restrict, or un-restrict, a server. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine for which to display the restart times. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully- qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output consists of a single line Restricted mode is <val> Where <val> is "on" or "off" PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
KeyFile(5), bos(8), bos_setrestricted(8), COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009 Simon Wilkinson <simon@sxw.org.uk> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Simon Wilkinson for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_GETRESTRICTED(8)