Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Run Processes Sequentially Using Process ID (PID) Post 302357143 by matrixmadhan on Monday 28th of September 2009 10:57:38 PM
Old 09-28-2009
Please make use of code tags
Code:
 code tags

List them one after another in a wrapper and it's done. Is that what you are looking for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Controlling processes knowing the PID's

Dear all, suppose that I start a process (named "father"). "father" starts in turns a process called "child" with an execv call (after a fork). In this way "father" will be notified if "chlid" crashes (SIGCHILD mechanism). The problem is: if "father" crashes, how can I do to be recreate a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npalmentieri
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable

Hi, I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sequentially run the shell scripts.

Hi All, I have a master script , which would run 4 scripts in sequence. When the first script gets executed , I need to check if a particular process has been completed. If it is completed , only then proceed with the second script. This same rule applies to script3 and script4. Can someone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find pid of process run in specific location

Hello, I have a process a.out that runs from /a and /b How can I get the pid of the one running from /a ps -C /a/a.out does not work Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a process but on a certain pid

Hi all, I am having a little bit of trouble trying to find something out. I am trying to script a start/stop php file, for some gaming servers i host. The server have 2 lots of processes running on them, and the customers need to be able to start and stop them at their will. So i know how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Syth
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any scenario where a script will not run sequentially when called?

Can a script that calls another script exit and end while the called script is still running? If so, how can this be made to happen? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple python programs sequentially.

I HAVE WRITTEN NINE PYTHON CODES TO PERFORM A TASK ........ I WISH TO RUN THEM SEQUENTIALLY. eg. code1__code2 >>>>>>>>code9.py TO GET DESIRED OUTPUT. PLS HELP ME WRITTING SHELL SCRIPT .. I HAVE TO DISTRIBUTE THESE CODE FOR BEING USED BY OTHERS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script -- Suggestions to list and kill PID's sequentially

Hi, I'm trying to write a script where i'm trying to grep the PID and the associated file and list them. Then execute the KILL command sequentially on the listed PID's for ".tra" files ==================================================== ps -aux | grep mine adm 27739 0.2 0.8 1131588... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: murali1687
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with how to run multiple script with concurrent processes runs sequentially.

Hi, The problem detail is follows I have three individual scripts . SCRIPT A sh -x sqoop_channels_nc_daily_01.sh & sh -x sqoop_channels_nc_daily_02.sh & sh -x sqoop_channels_nc_daily_03.sh SCRIPT B sh -x sqoop_contacts_nc_daily_01.sh & sh -x sqoop_contacts_nc_daily_02.sh & sh -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: H_bansal
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run scripts sequentially in background?

Hi , I have prepared the following shell script to run the hqls in background. These scripts are running Parallel but I want to run the hqls sequentially in background. cat >cc_script.ksh nohup hive -hiveconf rrdt=2016-06-12 -f /home/files/cust1.hql > home/log/cust1.log 2>&1 & nohup hive... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)