Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting vpn connect/disconnect shell script Post 302357136 by renuka on Monday 28th of September 2009 10:36:17 PM
Old 09-28-2009
Hi Chakrapani,

Thanks for the help. I need to mention again how the script should run. I need to write a script wherein i should recieve a mail when the VPN is down and when the vpn comes up i should a notification mail that the vpn is back up..That means i need to recieve email only twice, first when the vpn goes down and second when the vpn comes up..cron will run this script every 5 minutes..if the vpn goes down for 20 minutes the email stating "Partner VPN down" should be recieved 4 times, and the script is working as expected when the vpn goes down.. once the vpn is up only one email should be received that the vpn is back up.
I tried running the script you wrote for me, it sends an email that the "VPN is up" every time the script is executed..So the script should be modified in such a way that i should recieve "VPN UP" mail only once when it is back up...
Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect over ssh, start something, disconnect

i'm connecting with ssh from a windows pc to a linux system. i want to start e.g. a download and close my session afterwards. how do i do this without killing the download? thx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sTorm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect two servers in shell script

Hello all, I know that is a question which has made too many times, and I have been looking into the threads but all posted was not sucessfully for me so... I need a shell script which connect two unix servers, but NOT using ssh... Is there another way to do it? I've tried ssh but it didn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Geller
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to oracle db using shell script

Hi, I want to connect to oracle db using unix shell script. And i want to retrieve data from db through shell script. Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks, J.P. Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 10.04 - Unable to connect to Cisco VPN

Hi all, I am trying to configure and connect Cisco VPN on Ubuntu 10.04. I've imported .pcf file. The new vpn conn appears in the VPN Connections option. Now when I select it, it doesn't connect. Nothing happens. I am not able to connect to VPN at all. I tried using kvpnc as well but it... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: morningSunshine
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to db2 using shell script

Guys, I am trying to write a shell script that connect to wcsprod database and read the query #!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s < connect to wcsprod user wcsadm using pwd > select * from catentry fetch first 1 row only with ur; databse: wcsprod user: wcsadm pwd: pwd thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skatpally
1 Replies

6. AIX

Help Me - AIX server connect to a VPN network

Hi, I have a task requested by my boss to create a script to enable a server to connect to a vpn network and then to connect to another server to upload some data... How can I connect to a vpn network from AIX server? via telnet? ssh? I have tried to google but mostly the answers are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mushr00m
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect once db disconnect after all execution

Hi All, Please see the below code. it is working fine when in 'test_file' have only one emplid. test_file contains only emplid and date, like below ... 0000221|1/12/2003 0000223|1/1/1996 Problem :- when test_file contains more then one records(emplids) it is not giving any errors... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect from one server to other

Dear Experts, I am new to the shell scripting. I am looking for a shell script to connect to one Unix/Linux server1 to other Unix/Linux server2 and trigger a SAP Event in that server2 (Which will trigger a job in SAP). Is this possible to connect from one server to the other server securely... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venu V Reddy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect

hello i try to made a report to conect all database to diferent OS HP-UX/LINUX/SOLARIS/AIX this is my example i have 5 db OS are HP-UX ps -fea | grep pmon root 1120 1 0 Nov 29 ? 5:14 ipmon -sD oracle 10286 1 0 Nov 29 ? 27:19 ora_pmon_BD1 oracle 10431... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceciaide
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger the execution of a script on SFTP Disconnect

Hi Guys, I suspect what I'm trying to do isn't possible, but I'm hoping someone can either confirm this or point me in the right direction. We have a third-party application which transfers a collection of files to our SFTP server ( Ubuntu 12.04 with OpenSSH ) . Once the app disconnects, we... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesdrinkwater
13 Replies
IP-NETNS(8)							       Linux							       IP-NETNS(8)

NAME
ip-netns - process network namespace management SYNOPSIS
ip [ OPTIONS ] netns { COMMAND | help } ip netns { list } ip netns { add | delete } NETNSNAME ip netns identify PID ip netns pids NETNSNAME ip netns exec NETNSNAME command ... ip netns monitor DESCRIPTION
A network namespace is logically another copy of the network stack, with its own routes, firewall rules, and network devices. By convention a named network namespace is an object at /var/run/netns/NAME that can be opened. The file descriptor resulting from opening /var/run/netns/NAME refers to the specified network namespace. Holding that file descriptor open keeps the network namespace alive. The file descriptor can be used with the setns(2) system call to change the network namespace associated with a task. For applications that are aware of network namespaces, the convention is to look for global network configuration files first in /etc/netns/NAME/ then in /etc/. For example, if you want a different version of /etc/resolv.conf for a network namespace used to isolate your vpn you would name it /etc/netns/myvpn/resolv.conf. ip netns exec automates handling of this configuration, file convention for network namespace unaware applications, by creating a mount namespace and bind mounting all of the per network namespace configure files into their traditional location in /etc. ip netns list - show all of the named network namespaces This command displays all of the network namespaces in /var/run/netns ip netns add NAME - create a new named network namespace If NAME is available in /var/run/netns/ this command creates a new network namespace and assigns NAME. ip netns delete NAME - delete the name of a network namespace If NAME is present in /var/run/netns it is umounted and the mount point is removed. If this is the last user of the network names- pace the network namespace will be freed, otherwise the network namespace persists until it has no more users. ip netns delete may fail if the mount point is in use in another mount namespace. ip netns identify PID - Report network namespaces names for process This command walks through /var/run/netns and finds all the network namespace names for network namespace of the specified process. ip netns pids NAME - Report processes in the named network namespace This command walks through proc and finds all of the process who have the named network namespace as their primary network names- pace. ip netns exec NAME cmd ... - Run cmd in the named network namespace This command allows applications that are network namespace unaware to be run in something other than the default network namespace with all of the configuration for the specified network namespace appearing in the customary global locations. A network namespace and bind mounts are used to move files from their network namespace specific location to their default locations without affecting other processes. ip netns monitor - Report as network namespace names are added and deleted This command watches network namespace name addition and deletion events and prints a line for each event it sees. EXAMPLES
ip netns list Shows the list of current named network namespaces ip netns add vpn Creates a network namespace and names it vpn ip netns exec vpn ip link set lo up Bring up the loopback interface in the vpn network namespace. SEE ALSO
ip(8) AUTHOR
Original Manpage by Eric W. Biederman iproute2 16 Jan 2013 IP-NETNS(8)