Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO system V documentation
Operating Systems SCO SCO system V documentation Post 302357131 by jgt on Monday 28th of September 2009 09:37:12 PM
Old 09-28-2009
Computer

Lost in translation. Each binder had three steel rings to hold the loose sheets together.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix Online Documentation

help would be appreciated, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

3. SCO

system log of SCO

Hi, I did shutdown and restart SCO server, now wanna find log to know exactly when system was effected. I took a look at /var/adm/ but seem there are no logs for my required information. it seems diff from Sun or HP UNIX... appreciate all your help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milo
2 Replies

4. SCO

where can get iso of sco system v 5.05

hi all please someone tell me where can get iso of sco System V vs 5.05 regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weramirez
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Comprehensive system documentation by button click

Guys There's a new WebPage where you can generate a comprehensive detailed system documentation by button click. Look at the example at https://sdoctool.sun.com/data/doc.php?ID=sdoctool&N=2 ;) Interested, go to Cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lebch
0 Replies

6. SCO

Help on System Freeze in SCO

Hi, My SCO server freezes suddenly. I just want to know if there any tools / commands availble that can find which is causing the freeze? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ravikumar R (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
4 Replies

7. SCO

SCO UNIXware 7.1.4 system backups

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me, I want to backup my sco unix system, I dont have an external/internal tape drive. How can I make a system backup? I do have a CD-RW on the server. I am new to sco unix. Please can anyone advise on what methods I can use, I have looked a cpio. I tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kpnuts
1 Replies

8. SCO

SCO Development System for System V 3.2 R4.2

Hi Guys, Some time ago I get a disk for my SCO System V 3.2 R4.2 tcp 1.2.1 distribution. Now 4 Year later I am serarching the development system due to the fact that System V did not come with the C compiler. There is any change to get it ? my intention is academyc only. or anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locovich
3 Replies
CFREE(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  CFREE(3)

NAME
cfree - free allocated memory SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> /* In SunOS 4 */ int cfree(void *ptr); /* In glibc or FreeBSD libcompat */ void cfree(void *ptr); /* In SCO OpenServer */ void cfree(char *ptr, unsigned num, unsigned size); /* In Solaris watchmalloc.so.1 */ void cfree(void *ptr, size_t nelem, size_t elsize); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): cfree(): _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
This function should never be used. Use free(3) instead. 1-arg cfree In glibc, the function cfree() is a synonym for free(3), "added for compatibility with SunOS". Other systems have other functions with this name. The declaration is sometimes in <stdlib.h> and sometimes in <malloc.h>. 3-arg cfree Some SCO and Solaris versions have malloc libraries with a 3-argument cfree(), apparently as an analog to calloc(3). If you need it while porting something, add #define cfree(p, n, s) free((p)) to your file. A frequently asked question is "Can I use free(3) to free memory allocated with calloc(3), or do I need cfree()?" Answer: use free(3). An SCO manual writes: "The cfree routine is provided for compliance to the iBCSe2 standard and simply calls free. The num and size argu- ments to cfree are not used." RETURN VALUE
The SunOS version of cfree() (which is a synonym for free(3)) returns 1 on success and 0 on failure. In case of error, errno is set to EINVAL: the value of ptr was not a pointer to a block previously allocated by one of the routines in the malloc(3) family. CONFORMING TO
The 3-argument version of cfree() as used by SCO conforms to the iBCSe2 standard: Intel386 Binary Compatibility Specification, Edition 2. SEE ALSO
malloc(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2007-07-26 CFREE(3)