Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting want to add the size of the selected list of file Post 302357042 by cfajohnson on Monday 28th of September 2009 01:35:05 PM
Old 09-28-2009
s/reply's/replies/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

list file within selected of day

Hi, i want to list some files in the directory within selected period. for example, I want to list file within 5 days, 3 days, etc....is it possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List File size

Hello all, I have a directory filling up. I need to determine the size of the files in the directory. How do I do that, what command should I run when I am in the directory? Next question, can I expand the partition size? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
10 Replies

3. HP-UX

command to list file size

I'm new to HP-UX and am looking for the command that will allow to me determine the total size of listed files. I'm being told that my backup selection is exceeding my tape drive size and need to determine how much information is being backed up. Help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgordon
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total file size of a subset list

Hello! I'm trying to find out the total file size of a subset list in a directory. For example, I do not need to know the total file size of all the files in a directory, but I need to know what the total size is of say, "ls -l *FEB08*" in a directory. Is there any easy way of doing this? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster757
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list a file size, but not its name?

If I have a file x.txt that is 8 bytes... I want to enter >> x.txt 8 I've played around with ls, and du... and they always list the file name. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ordano
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort by size, then list file in each directory

Hi, I have directories with name like: aaa bbb ccc ... I would like to to see which directories are the largest and then list the files within each. I have success using: du -ks * | sort -rin | head -n 20 which gives me an output like: 120 bbb 27 ccc 3 aaa ... I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChatPerdu
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining file size for a list of files with paths

Hello, I have a flat file with a list of files with the path to the file and I am attempting to calculate the filesize for each one; however xargs isn't playing nicely and I am sure there is probably a better way of doing this. What I envisioned is this: cat filename|xargs -i ls -l {} |awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe8mofo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get the list of file with size in AUX

to get the list of file name with size Example: rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562KB Nov 6 19:22 a rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562MB Nov 6 19:22 a edit by bakunin: Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

List of file name with size

how to get the file name list with size descriptive in hp-ux Required output: permission link user group size(with MB,KB,GB etc) date time name (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to list file size on HPUX?

I used to use ls -l cut to detrmine file size, and google searches didn't come up with anything else but 'stat' which doesn't appear on HPUX. I discovered the humble 'wc -c' which does this job very neatly, and thought I would share it. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tbochan
7 Replies
smfi_setreply(3N)														 smfi_setreply(3N)

NAME
smfi_setreply() - sets the default SMTP error reply code SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
ctx Specifies the opaque context structure. rcode Specifies the 3-digit (RFC 821/2821) SMTP reply code as a null-terminated string. rcode cannot be set to NULL value. rcode must be a valid or reply code. xcode Specifies the extended (RFC 1893/2034) reply code. An xcode must conform to RFC 1893/2034. If xcode is set to NULL, an extended code is not used. message Specifies the text part of the SMTP reply. If message is set to NULL, an empty message is used. DESCRIPTION
The routine directly sets the SMTP error reply code for a connection. Only and replies are accepted. uses this code on subsequent error replies from the Milter function. can be called from any function except the function. Notes o Values passed to are not checked for standards compliance. o The message parameter must contain only printable characters; other characters may lead to undefined behavior. For example, CR or LF causes the call to fail, a single (percentage) character can cause the text to be ignored. If a (percentage) character must be used in a string, it must be used as o For more information on reply codes and their meanings, see RFC 821, 2821, 1893, or 2034. o If the reply code (rcode) given is a code but is used for the message, the normal reply is not used. If the reply code (rcode) given is a code but is used for the message, the custom reply is not used. In neither of these two cases, an error is returned to the Milter and silently ignores the reply code. o If the Milter returns and sets the reply code to the SMTP server terminates the SMTP session with a error code. RETURN VALUE
fails and returns if the rcode or xcode argument is invalid or a memory allocation failure occurs; otherwise; returns AUTHOR
The routine was developed by the Sendmail Inc. SEE ALSO
smfi_getsymval(3N), smfi_getpriv(3N), smfi_setreply(3N), smfi_setpriv(3N). on smfi_setreply(3N)