Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX can't vary on vg - no good copies of the descriptor area Post 302357006 by botao on Monday 28th of September 2009 11:33:28 AM
Old 09-28-2009
here's my 2 cents: could your vg have been renamed ?

- if you can see all of your filesystems, and everything appears to be normal, then you surely have a working (i mean varied-on) vg ;

- if you got a message like "vg must be varied on", it can mean that you are referencing an inactive vg ;

- and a message like "no good copies" can have the same reason as above ;

- what is the output of 'lsvg' (without any parms) ? in other words: what is the list of vgs on your system ?

- then, what's the output of 'lsvg <vgname>' when <vgname> belongs to the list generated by the simple 'lsvg' suggested above ?

good luck, and success !

alexandre botao
Alexandre V. R. Botao | Unix, C/C++, Shell, LDAP, SSL/TLS, SSH, Perl, Java, Python, Security, ...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lp not printing multiple copies

I'm trying to print multiple copies of a file on sun solaris 8 with the lp -n command to no avail. No matter what numeric value I supply -n, I still only get 1 copy of the file printed. The command I'm using is 'lp -d SNY_IT5000-2 -n2 file' The printer is an HP Laserjet 4000 with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Multiple Copies

Has anyone come accross and solved an issue where only 1 copy of a doc prints after you use the -n flag and specify more then 1. My exact syntax is lp -dprintername -n3 documentname enq command does same thing. Both commands show the 3 copies in the queue but only 1 ever prints I am using AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple copies at once

Dear all, Today I spend almost all my day with something I hope any of you can help me with... I'm trying to write a small script (!/bin/sh) to be able to make 900 copies of one file. Can anyone help me with this? I couldn't figure this out (maybe I need to create some sort of loop) and couldn't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: marjocello
8 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Script that copies one file to/over another

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a script that asks for 4 arguments, and the 1st and 3rd need to be -i and -o, and the 2nd/4th need to be file names. Technically, it's supposed to be run as: ./Lab_14.sh -i input.txt -o output.txt Depending on how many... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove copies/duplicates of same entry

Hi, I have a very big (with around 1 million entries) txt file with IPv4 addresses in the standard format, i.e. a.b.c.d The file looks like 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.1 10.1.2.4 10.1.2.4 12.1.5.6 . . . . and so on.... There are duplicate/multiple entries for some IP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make multiple copies?

At work I have to create multiple copies of a file all the time. Example: I have a file called Sec30p01.txt I need thirty of these, then I edit one line in each to make 30 different control files. So I end up with Sec30p02.txt, Sec30p03.txt and so on up to 30 Currently I copy the first file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: faaslave
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar creating copies of files

I am trying to archive directories based on their last modified date. When I tar and compress the directory it makes copies of whats inside, I don't know how to fix this. Here is my code. #!/bin/bash #AUTODRUNDISABLE VERSION="0.2" cd /desired/directory/to/archive find . -type d -newermt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding copies of files

theres a situation i'm dealing with where i feel like folks are stealing some of my files. they copy it (because they have complete sudo root access like i do) from my home directory and they copy it wherever and then change the name of the file so i wont know that they have it. is there a way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)