Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: configuring boot server
Operating Systems Solaris configuring boot server Post 302356982 by kumarmani on Monday 28th of September 2009 11:26:23 AM
Old 09-28-2009
Still no luck

Now i have change the system and make the entry as 1st in /etc/ethers

/etc/nsswitch.conf is pointing towards file for every thing

in case of nfs i can mount the share inside the system with the help of mount , so dont see any issue with NFS services.

All i am getting is
Code:
retrying ... check TFTP server and network setup

Not sure, do we require /etc/bootprams and /tftpboot !!! What these files contains and whats there utility. I don't have either of them file in my system !!

---------- Post updated at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:02 PM ----------

Would like to add some more. on the server which i am configuring as bootserver do we require tfpd services on?
I tried enabling it by un-commenting the line from the /etc/inet/inetd.conf and restarted the indetd services still i cant see this service with inetadm neither with svcs !!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

configuring web server

Hi, I need to configure a apache web server. My server name is www.example.com I want to use port 7001 for the http requests and not port 80. I dont want to enter the port number when trying to access this URL. that is instead of giving www.example.com:7001 ,i want to give only... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need Help for configuring Boot from San

Hi all, I am trying to configure my HPUX host 11.31 IA64 to boot from a LUN for EMC clariion CX3-80 (Flaire PNR 26). I am following the below mentioned steps.. vi /tmp/idf 3 EFI 500MB HPUX 100% HPSP 400MB idisk -f /tmp/idf -w /dev/rdisk/diskxxx insf -e pvcreate -B... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: barun agarwal
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Services configuring to come up at boot process

I want to configure one service to come up as a normal strat-up process after reboot, instead of starting it manually. I tried to configure it in inetd.conf but it didn't work. Could you please suggest, how I can achieve this ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajwagh81
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Configuring LAN to be able to boot from it.

Hi, I have an IA machine on which I want to install the HP 11.31 from LAN. I have the lan card and ignite server available. How do I need to configure the LAN card to be able to boot from it and install the OS? Thanks in advance Pritam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prits31
2 Replies

5. AIX

configuring NIM server

I have never used NIM. Please help with the steps for configuring NIM server and client. thanks Pchangba (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on configuring LDAP server on solaris

HI All I need help to understand how the ldap works in Solaris 9 & Solaris 10. Kindly provide me some helpful commands related to LDAP Regards Jagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
2 Replies

7. Linux

configuring an NTP client/server

I need to configure an NTP daemon on a "bridge-PC" connected on 2 LANs. It is expected to read the correct time on a time server on the first LAN and behave as a server for the second LAN. Can I do both the things with ntpd? In other words, is ntpd able to work as client and server at the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigjim33
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Configuring Ubuntu 9.04 as a TFTP Server

Configuring Ubuntu 9.04 as a TFTP Server Im trying to configure my Ubuntu desktop as a tftp server. I found the following instructions on how to do this. Most of the instructions I understand however Im not sure about step 2. The instructions are below: In step 2 do I create a txt file in vi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyblaylock
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Configuring SYSLOG Server

Hello, I have successfully configured a syslog server on Centos 5.7, I have to add few clients which are CISCO switches - can someone suggest how should I configure on SYSLOG server, so the each client's log messages should go to different location on syslog server not a default location... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Configuring zone and LDOM boot order

Is anyone aware of a method of configuring the boot order of zones and or LDOMS? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
2 Replies
CLOUDSERVERS(1) 						   User Commands						   CLOUDSERVERS(1)

NAME
cloudservers - Command-line interface to the Cloud Servers API. SYNOPSIS
cloudservers [ --username USERNAME ] [ --apikey APIKEY ] <subcommand> DESCRIPTION
cloudservers is a command line interface to the Rackspace Cloud Servers API. COMMAND OVERVIEW
cloudservers backup-schedule Show or edit the backup schedule for a server. cloudservers backup-schedule-delete Delete the backup schedule for a server. cloudservers boot Boot a new server. cloudservers delete Immediately shut down and delete a server. cloudservers flavor-list Print a list of available 'flavors' (sizes of servers). cloudservers help Display help about this program or one of its subcommands. cloudservers image-create Create a new image by taking a snapshot of a running server. cloudservers image-delete Delete an image. cloudservers image-list Print a list of available images to boot from. cloudservers ip-share Share an IP address from the given IP group onto a server. cloudservers ip-unshare Stop sharing an given address with a server. cloudservers ipgroup-create Create a new IP group. cloudservers ipgroup-delete Delete an IP group. cloudservers ipgroup-list Show IP groups. cloudservers ipgroup-show Show details about a particular IP group. cloudservers list List active servers. cloudservers reboot Reboot a server. cloudservers rebuild Shutdown, re-image, and re-boot a server. cloudservers rename Rename a server. cloudservers resize Resize a server. cloudservers resize-confirm Confirm a previous resize. cloudservers resize-revert Revert a previous resize (and return to the previous VM). cloudservers root-password Change the root password for a server. cloudservers show Show details about the given server. Optional arguments: --username USERNAME Defaults to env[CLOUD_SERVERS_USERNAME]. --apikey APIKEY Defaults to env[CLOUD_SERVERS_API_KEY]. See "cloudservers help COMMAND" for help on a specific command. cloudservers March 2010 CLOUDSERVERS(1)