Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: configuring boot server
Operating Systems Solaris configuring boot server Post 302356968 by incredible on Monday 28th of September 2009 10:03:46 AM
Old 09-28-2009
1.Is the entry in the ethers file the top most? (sometimes it works)
2.Take a look at the /etc/nsswitch.conf and verify the ethers and hosts entry has "files" as the first argument.
3.Restart NFS service

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

configuring web server

Hi, I need to configure a apache web server. My server name is www.example.com I want to use port 7001 for the http requests and not port 80. I dont want to enter the port number when trying to access this URL. that is instead of giving www.example.com:7001 ,i want to give only... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need Help for configuring Boot from San

Hi all, I am trying to configure my HPUX host 11.31 IA64 to boot from a LUN for EMC clariion CX3-80 (Flaire PNR 26). I am following the below mentioned steps.. vi /tmp/idf 3 EFI 500MB HPUX 100% HPSP 400MB idisk -f /tmp/idf -w /dev/rdisk/diskxxx insf -e pvcreate -B... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: barun agarwal
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Services configuring to come up at boot process

I want to configure one service to come up as a normal strat-up process after reboot, instead of starting it manually. I tried to configure it in inetd.conf but it didn't work. Could you please suggest, how I can achieve this ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajwagh81
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Configuring LAN to be able to boot from it.

Hi, I have an IA machine on which I want to install the HP 11.31 from LAN. I have the lan card and ignite server available. How do I need to configure the LAN card to be able to boot from it and install the OS? Thanks in advance Pritam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prits31
2 Replies

5. AIX

configuring NIM server

I have never used NIM. Please help with the steps for configuring NIM server and client. thanks Pchangba (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on configuring LDAP server on solaris

HI All I need help to understand how the ldap works in Solaris 9 & Solaris 10. Kindly provide me some helpful commands related to LDAP Regards Jagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
2 Replies

7. Linux

configuring an NTP client/server

I need to configure an NTP daemon on a "bridge-PC" connected on 2 LANs. It is expected to read the correct time on a time server on the first LAN and behave as a server for the second LAN. Can I do both the things with ntpd? In other words, is ntpd able to work as client and server at the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigjim33
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Configuring Ubuntu 9.04 as a TFTP Server

Configuring Ubuntu 9.04 as a TFTP Server Im trying to configure my Ubuntu desktop as a tftp server. I found the following instructions on how to do this. Most of the instructions I understand however Im not sure about step 2. The instructions are below: In step 2 do I create a txt file in vi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyblaylock
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Configuring SYSLOG Server

Hello, I have successfully configured a syslog server on Centos 5.7, I have to add few clients which are CISCO switches - can someone suggest how should I configure on SYSLOG server, so the each client's log messages should go to different location on syslog server not a default location... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Configuring zone and LDOM boot order

Is anyone aware of a method of configuring the boot order of zones and or LDOMS? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
2 Replies
ethers(3SOCKET) 					     Sockets Library Functions						   ethers(3SOCKET)

NAME
ethers, ether_ntoa, ether_aton, ether_ntohost, ether_hostton, ether_line - Ethernet address mapping operations SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lsocket -lnsl [ library ... ] #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ethernet.h> char *ether_ntoa(const struct ether_addr *e); struct ether_addr *ether_aton(const char *s); int ether_ntohost(char *hostname, const struct ether_addr *e); int ether_hostton(const char *hostname, struct ether_addr *e); int ether_line(const char *l, struct ether_addr *e, char *hostname); DESCRIPTION
These routines are useful for mapping 48 bit Ethernet numbers to their ASCII representations or their corresponding host names, and vice versa. The function ether_ntoa() converts a 48 bit Ethernet number pointed to by e to its standard ASCII representation; it returns a pointer to the ASCII string. The representation is of the form x:x:x: x:x:x where x is a hexadecimal number between 0 and ff. The function ether_aton() converts an ASCII string in the standard representation back to a 48 bit Ethernet number; the function returns NULL if the string cannot be scanned successfully. The function ether_ntohost() maps an Ethernet number (pointed to by e) to its associated hostname. The string pointed to by hostname must be long enough to hold the hostname and a NULL character. The function returns zero upon success and non-zero upon failure. Inversely, the function ether_hostton() maps a hostname string to its corresponding Ethernet number; the function modifies the Ethernet number pointed to by e. The function also returns zero upon success and non-zero upon failure. In order to do the mapping, both these functions may lookup one or more of the following sources: the ethers file, the NIS maps ethers.byname and ethers.byaddr and the NIS+ table ethers. The sources and their lookup order are specified in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file. See nsswitch.conf(4) for details. The function ether_line() scans a line, pointed to by l, and sets the hostname and the Ethernet number, pointed to by e. The string pointed to by hostname must be long enough to hold the hostname and a NULL character. The function returns zero upon success and non-zero upon failure. The format of the scanned line is described by ethers(4). FILES
/etc/ethers Ethernet address to hostname database or domain /etc/nsswitch.conf configuration file for the name service switch ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ethers(4), nsswitch.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Apr 2004 ethers(3SOCKET)